TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Derby away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Championship season, went to Derby, burchall scored the winner. I'll never forget Redknapp and the players coming over to the fans at the final whistle, we knew something special was happening.  Turned out to be the best season ever.
A few seasons later Derby fans had a st georges cross flag with Woolston rams on it dangling  from the stand above our heads and were giving it some. At the end of the game a pompey lad got on his mates shoulder and pulled it down and kept it. They squinnied like fuck.
Can't make it Saturday but good luck to the lads and travelling pompey fans
Any news on how many tickets we have sold ?
Can’t wait, should be another cracking day out.
I was there.
I recall being impressed by the first of the new stadia that I had visited. By half way through the season, quite fed up with another flat pack in a different colour.
Funny that I can recall the Palace and Blades games very well but don't remember anything about the Derby game except the TV screens in the concourse!
I believe we have sold out the away end or corner with 3250 or thereabouts.
I'm hopeful of a result, but derby will be a stern test and show where we are in terms of progress
Who’s going to replace Morrell? I’m thinking either Robertson, Devlin or Lowery. I’d like to start with Robertson because of how good he looks on the ball but I’m sure the other lads mentioned could also do a decent job
Stevenson
I think both Anjoran and Robertson may have big parts to play.
Saydee must start. He has been immense so far this season and deserves his place.
Bishop is starting to fire again.
Morrell aside, at least we will finish with 11 men this time.
I'm confident and think Pompey will win.
Derby 1-2 Pompey
Norris
Raffs , Poole, Shaughnessy,Ogilvie
Pack, Robertson
Kamara Saydee Anjorin
Bish
(14-09-2023, 11:23 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Norris
Raffs , Poole, Shaughnessy,Ogilvie
Pack, Robertson
Kamara Saydee Anjorin
Bish

I do think that's the best XI that we have. Not sure if Robertson can play alongside pack? Aa he isnt great defensively. Maybe interchange with Saydee or go 4-1-4-1?
Swanson retaining his place must be a possibility. I'd be surprised if Anjorin starts, but a run out would be very likely.
I agree. Anjorin needs minutes but coming on for 15-20mins at the end may be a way of easing minutes into him.
We must not forget he has had injury problems.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Anjorin start, to be replaced by Robertson late on.
We are away to a top side so not the right time to start Anjorin imo. I agree with BlueTag. Stevenson for Morrell to allow Pack to play more attacking.
(14-09-2023, 09:20 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Who’s going to replace Morrell? I’m thinking either Robertson, Devlin or Lowery. I’d like to start with Robertson because of how good he looks on the ball but I’m sure the other lads mentioned could also do a decent job

Have I missed a fitness update on Lowery? Thought he was out for a few months.
Robertson looked able to put a tackle in to me, whether he would avid cards, I'm not so sure.
(14-09-2023, 08:02 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2023, 09:20 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Who’s going to replace Morrell? I’m thinking either Robertson, Devlin or Lowery. I’d like to start with Robertson because of how good he looks on the ball but I’m sure the other lads mentioned could also do a decent job

I was hoping someone would post something like this. I’ve had no idea where Lowery has disappeared to since he was subbed off at half time in the first game of the season against Bristol Rovers
In a recent interview JM stated that Robertson could play as a 6 , 8 or 10, . Being as Morrell flits between a 6 and an 8 I’m sure Robertson could do that. Devlin is more of an 8 and Stevenson is back up for Pack.
Get Tino in the starting lineup!
(14-09-2023, 10:40 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2023, 08:02 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]

I was hoping someone would post something like this. I’ve had no idea where Lowery has disappeared to since he was subbed off at half time in the first game of the season against Bristol Rovers

He was subbed because he was injured and will be out for months rather than weeks.
(14-09-2023, 07:30 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]We are away to a top side so not the right time to start Anjorin imo. I agree with BlueTag. Stevenson for Morrell to allow Pack to play more attacking.

Against a top side, play your top players. 

We have been linked with Anjorin for long enough for us to believe our management team think highly of him, let’s see what he can do. He’s had two weeks to train with the squad, get him in.
Norris
Swanson-Poole-Shaughnessy-Ogilve
Pack-Robertson
Lane-Saydee-Kamara
Bishop

Pack will probably have to be a bit more disciplined and let Robertson be the attacking pivot.

It’s too bigger game to throw Tino in to the starting line up. Probably come on for half hour.

Saydee needs to be a menace like he was against Peterborough
(16-09-2023, 07:05 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Norris
Swanson-Poole-Shaughnessy-Ogilve
Pack-Robertson
Lane-Saydee-Kamara
Bishop

Pack will probably have to be a bit more disciplined and let Robertson be the attacking pivot.

It’s too bigger game to throw Tino in to the starting line up. Probably come on for half hour.

Saydee needs to be a menace like he was against Peterborough

Tino for Robertson, push Saydee up with Bishop and Tino behind them
Tino in, got to be. Had plenty of time to train his way in. If not now, when?

As for Lowery, the lad is a lemon. We gambled and it hasn't paid off. I am happy we took that gamble because you will win more than you lose, but let's be realistic about him, he's broken goods. Cameos will be a bonus. He's a Wes Fogden in waiting.
Pages: 1 2