TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Forth striker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would have liked a forth striker before the window shut. Previous seasons have shown how quickly an injury here and a suspension there then all of a sudden your down to bare bones. 

Great performance today against Derby and a point is the least we deserved. However, once again Bishop was mauled all over the place as the lone striker. Sadie was a huge miss. We were definitely short of striking options on the bench.

Let’s hope Sadie is available for another huge game on Tuesday. Fingers crossed ?
It takes Pompey longer to find effective strikers than painting a well know bridge.
I've got my doubts over whether that tiny Scottish village has a striker worthy of playing for Pompey.
Subtle observations Hammie - just hope Saydee provides an additional option on Tuesday.

Otherwise, and for me, very pleased with what we are doing - ever the Pragmatist !
Kamara can play up top if needed too.
We play one up front 3 is enough.
Unless they’re all injured! Two out yesterday
Hopefully Bishop is fully fit for Tuesday, we would look a bit lightweight against a northern team without him or Saydee, if he is still out too.
Too right Hammie.

Incidentally, do we know if the team remained north of the Trent after Saturday ?

Seems a lot of travelling if not.
I heard one of the journalists talking about a prem club making a 19 minute flight to avoid travel time.
Which seems ridiculous to me.
Fair enough in the NFL but in England, there is little need if someone else is doing the driving.