TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ratings v Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris - Fairly solid, good catches and punches, not many saves to make. Distribution - some excellent clearances and some dross ones. Confident with the ball at his feet but a bit too much imo and may get caught out - 7
Swanson - MOM, made at least 4 excellent interceptions, in the right place at the right time. Good going forward, will be hard on him to lose his place if Rafferty gets back in - 9
Shaughnessy - Forming a good partnership with Poole. Calm and usually well positioned. Missed a good chance but generally good - 7
Poole - Looking better every game, very solid in defence and dangerous at corners - 8
Ogilvie - His usual solid self, good going forward, mostly well positioned and alert in defence. Wily old pro who normally gets the foul he looks for, just not as blatant as Nathan Thompson - 7
Kamara - Deceptively quick with a good football brain. Linked well with Bish on several occasions - 8
Robertson - perhaps his best game yet with some nice touches and even some good covering play. Needs a goal - 7
Whyte - ditto Robertson. More involved today and showed a bit more what he can do -7
Pack - solid performance all round, linking defence and attack pretty well - 7
Lane - a bit hot and cold for me, wasted a couple of chances but kept going and created some opportunities - 6
Bishop - excellent performance, missed a sitter just before he deservedly got his goal. Fights like a gladiator, really clever flicks came off today too - 9

Subs: Only Anjorin had time to make a difference although Devlin rather inadvertently got an assist. Tino looks good but he may need time to adjust to the hustle and bustle of this league.

All in all a good point at a difficult ground against a team who are expected to be near the top come the end of the league. 18 unbeaten, something must be going right. Another difficult one on Tuesday. PUP
Quick digression, I think Anjorin will relish home debut at FP on Saturday.

Otherwise totally agree with the ratings - only one left out:-

The 12th Man ..... made Pompey proud, sang there hearts out all game, outsung Rams 75% of the time, and got louder when the lucky Pen went in.

The " only sing when you're winning" reminded me of a very special night at Anfield many moons ago.
Bit generous with the 6 for Lane, but agree with the others. The 12th man.....got it’s just rewards. 86. Mins the games lost, 96 mins the equaliser. Limbs fest me up.
Just seen the highlights. Correct Gilles, it was Devlin not Bishop. Apologies.
(17-09-2023, 11:01 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Norris - Fairly solid, good catches and punches, not many saves to make. Distribution - some excellent clearances and some dross ones. Confident with the ball at his feet but a bit too much imo and may get caught out - 7
Swanson - MOM, made at least 4 excellent interceptions, in the right place at the right time. Good going forward, will be hard on him to lose his place if Rafferty gets back in - 9
Shaughnessy - Forming a good partnership with Poole. Calm and usually well positioned. Missed a good chance but generally good - 7
Poole - Looking better every game, very solid in defence and dangerous at corners - 8
Ogilvie - His usual solid self, good going forward, mostly well positioned and alert in defence. Wily old pro who normally gets the foul he looks for, just not as blatant as Nathan Thompson - 7
Kamara - Deceptively quick with a good football brain. Linked well with Bish on several occasions - 8
Robertson - perhaps his best game yet with some nice touches and even some good covering play. Needs a goal - 7
Whyte - ditto Robertson. More involved today and showed a bit more what he can do -7
Pack - solid performance all round, linking defence and attack pretty well - 7
Lane - a bit hot and cold for me, wasted a couple of chances but kept going and created some opportunities - 6
Bishop - excellent performance, missed a sitter just before he deservedly got his goal. Fights like a gladiator, really clever flicks came off today too - 9

Subs: Only Anjorin had time to make a difference although Devlin rather inadvertently got an assist. Tino looks good but he may need time to adjust to the hustle and bustle of this league.

All in all a good point at a difficult ground against a team who are expected to be near the top come the end of the league. 18 unbeaten, something must be going right. Another difficult one on Tuesday. PUP

I actually thought Lane was very positive. I don’t mind Norris being confident. He might come unstuck at some point but he helps push the play further up the field.
Ogilvie, once again, showed his superb ability at crossing a ball.
I thought Robertson was very impressive and actually an upgrade on Morrell yesterday.
Pack is steadily improving, thank goodness.
Whyte looked far more the part, a good game from him.

You could have at least pronounced Shaughnessy correctly!!!
I refuse to use Andy Moon’s Shocknessy. It’s got to be more like the Scottish pronunciation of loch or och (aye the noo). Hasn’t it???
It’s pronounced ‘Shawn ness ee ‘
Yeah, it’s only the player himself who disagrees.
Shagnasty