TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ryan Tunnicliffe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day all,

Congrats on being top of league one. Hope it continues.

As an Adelaide United supporter I was just wondering if you could give me your honest opinions on our new visa signing.

We're hoping he can add some much needed steel to our midfield.

Thanks
He'll do well at your level.
He gives a 100%, an honest player, not the greatest tackler but knows how to cross a decent ball. Personally I think he’s better playing as a number 8. Can be very good on the day. Hope he does well for you.
Blue tag, you must have missed that tackle back end of last season down by the corner flag. It was straight out of the Vinnie Jones, Ben Thatcher copybook. Martin, he’s a bit hot and cold. Very good on a good day but often play passes him by.
(20-09-2023, 08:42 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Blue tag, you must have missed that tackle back end of last season down by the corner flag. It was straight out of the Vinnie Jones, Ben Thatcher copybook. Martin, he’s a bit hot and cold. Very good on a good day but often play passes him by.

V Lincoln.

Google it, still up on twitter. One of the best tackles I’ve ever seen.
I like Adelaide btw.
(20-09-2023, 08:42 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Blue tag, you must have missed that tackle back end of last season down by the corner flag. It was straight out of the Vinnie Jones, Ben Thatcher copybook. Martin, he’s a bit hot and cold. Very good on a good day but often play passes him by.

It was a great tackle but it’s not usually his forte, IMO he’s more of a get things moving up front ( No8) style player, but as you’ve mentioned he does produce the odd audacious tackle.
(20-09-2023, 06:55 AM)martinaufc Wrote: [ -> ]G'day all,

Congrats on being top of league one. Hope it continues.

As an Adelaide United supporter I was just wondering if you could give me your honest opinions on our new visa signing.

We're hoping he can add some much needed steel to our midfield.

Thanks

To be honest, if he does well in your league it won't boost the reputation of a league football.

He may have had his moments here, but overall he was one of the shittest midfielders I've seen at fp. Expect to hear loads of comments like "ex-Manchester United player" -  the closest he'd get to playing at Old Trafford would be paying for a stadium tour. Anyway, nobody wanted him in the entire English or Scottish leagues (and they usually take anyone) so that says it all.

Good luck and thanks for yengi (not an Adelaide player I know)
(20-09-2023, 10:51 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]He's an average league 1 player, not exceptionally good or bad at anything. Doesn't do a lot wrong, but equally doesn't do a lot. Wish him well but I'm glad he no longer plays for us.

He is also an average Championship player ... he has played 260+ games at Championship level and only 60 in League 1. Also 3 games in the prem.
Age catches up with all of us
If you want someone to knit the midfield together and help play a passing game, you could do far worse.
He was the 5/10 middling nobody that you would use to define what five out of ten was.
Scored on his debut then went downhill!
Thanks for the info all.
I expected a mixed bag of positive/negative reactions, and in true fan forum tradition that's exactly what I got  Smile

@Lawrence - Yengi actually came up through the ranks at United and burst onto the A-League scene with us, so you're welcome  Wink

@stayinupforever - I love Adelaide, great place to live, but I was born and raised a Preston boy so hopefully both our teams can remain at the top of their respective divisions until May. Although I think Pompey may have more of a chance on that score.