TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: J.M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The more I listen to him the more I like him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbeZPZAKmIs
I've noticed that in the last 2 after-match interviews he seems less robotic and more relaxed.
Very much agree. Impressive interviews at moment. Although it's always easier when things are going well. I'm guessing the players, young and older, are liking him too.
I’d imagine he’s had some help with that side of things.
The key for jm is to somehow beat teams that come for a point because so far we've only really played well against teams that have tried to win. Apart from Peterborough, I can't think of a decent home performance.  Let's hope the confidence of this week will change this pattern.
Doing a pretty good job so it's time for him to flex his muscles and look after his squad.
Travelling by road twice in 72 hours up to Derby and then further still up to Yorkshire is disgraceful for a club of our size with our resources and aspirations or is it part of being 'sustainable' (I'm sick of that word).
We should have stayed over after the Derby game or flown up for at least one of the games. It's 2023 not soddin' 1953!
To those who played 200 minutes and brought back a valuble four points, well done and thank you.
Up the Blues
(20-09-2023, 02:16 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Doing a pretty good job so it's time for him to flex his muscles and look after his squad.
Travelling by road twice in 72 hours up to Derby and then further still up to Yorkshire is disgraceful for a club of our size with our resources and aspirations or is it part of being 'sustainable' (I'm sick of that word).
We should have stayed over after the Derby game or flown up for at least one of the games. It's 2023 not soddin' 1953!
To those who played 200 minutes and brought back a valuble four points, well done and thank you.
Up the Blues

I don't see why travelling to the Midlands and Yorkshire twice in a week is 'disgraceful'.  Having players kicking around in a hotel for 3 days getting bored cannot be a better preparation that being at home with the family and training as normal.   

I know which I would prefer if I was a player.
(20-09-2023, 02:01 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]The key for jm is to somehow beat teams that come for a point because so far we've only really played well against teams that have tried to win. Apart from Peterborough, I can't think of a decent home performance.  Let's hope the confidence of this week will change this pattern.

Absolutely agree, I think next time we play a team that we are are fairly sure are going to camp in their own half, we drop a defender for an attacker. Numbers in the attacking half and pressing their defence I feel is the key to unlocking their defensive door
B & W posted,
"Doing a pretty good job so it's time for him to flex his muscles and look after his squad.
Up the Blues"

Indeed Blue same thoughts went through my mind ( see Barnsley game post). However, we DID come through it and set major precedents and big marks in the sand. However, we should not do that again , we should have stayed somewhere like Nottingham and begged Notts County facilities on Sunday /Monday . It WAS a very commendable four points and plaudits must go to JM and the players - on to Saturday .... now are they going to sit in ?
(20-09-2023, 02:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2023, 02:16 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Doing a pretty good job so it's time for him to flex his muscles and look after his squad.
Up the Blues

I don't see why travelling to the Midlands and Yorkshire twice in a week is 'disgraceful'.  Having players kicking around in a hotel for 3 days getting bored cannot be a better preparation that being at home with the family and training as normal.   

I know which I would prefer if I was a player.

I bet I know what your family would prefer... Big Grin Big Grin
It might not be impossible to arrange to stay at a suitable hotel with a training complex close.
A little place called Loughbrough might be suitable?

Alan Ball's team would have known just how to spend the spare time!
I recall Jim SMITH cadging Blackburns training ground when we were up there ( north -west) in the 80's - Saturday and Tuesday ? We were at the Man utd game when we drew - two Paul Walsh goals in think.
(21-09-2023, 12:58 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I recall Jim SMITH cadging Blackburns training ground when we were up there ( north -west) in the 80's - Saturday and Tuesday ? We were at the Man utd game when we drew - two Paul Walsh goals in think.

Plenty of teams would do that to avoid travelling, it's a decision that each club will make depending on the circustances. Neither decision is wrong though, both have their merits, but it is most certainly not 'disgraceful' to make one decision over the other.  

The only reason I can think of for describing that decision as 'disgraceful' is someone having a desperate need to find something to criticise the club for,  which seems a sad state of mind when the outcome of the decision the club made was the best performance for years and a result taking them to the top of the table.
Absolutely a non issue
I wonder if we stayed at Blackburn when we had that run of games being cancelled for snow, that would seem a very good reason not to travel.
I got lucky, travelled once and saw the game.
Others went twice and got cancelled both times.