TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fine margins and self belief
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
....well, I confess I didn't see us getting a win at Barnsley last night...a ground we rarely get any kind of result at. And as for being 3-0 up after 17 minutes....bloomin heck!!

However, this being Pompey, we contrived to go from being almost out of sight, to hanging on for the 3 points (I well remember a similar evening game at Oxford some years back where we were 5-3 up after 90 minutes only for it to end 5-5!) 

Whilst being top of the league is great, a glance at the table shows just how close things are. Whereas I can't see us loosing to too many Teams, neither do I see us really giving many a real shafting......so fine margins are likely to determine our fate this season.

Saturday's game is a case in point. Lincoln have only lost once this season and don't concede many goals....so it's likely to be a game where Pompey will have to "at it" from the start....and hope those fine margins go our way. That said...

IF we could get another 3 points on Saturday, then the Team really should start developing that all important self belief that could carry them through the rest of the Season.
A great start to the season, clearly.
We could do with a little luck with injuries now.