TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: As someone once said....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Top of the table and unbeaten in forever.

As someone once said....it's the hope that kills you!
JM must be doing something right. Our best run everrrrrrrrrr
It's a good time to be a Pompey fan. Enjoying the moment. It's good to have a bit of thick to break up the thin
(21-09-2023, 08:28 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good time to be a Pompey fan. Enjoying the moment. It's good to have a bit of thick to break up the thin

Dead right, it’s a great time to be a Pompey fan.

Obviously we will lose at some point but we have a strong squad and they are starting to gel and play some fantastic football.

If we can take a few more of the chances, and avoid lapses like the second half at Barnsley, we have every reason to be optimistic.

PUP
The only negative is last year we had even more points than this at this stage. Hopefully a strong enough squad this year to withstand the inevitable suspensions and injuries.
(21-09-2023, 09:49 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]The only negative is last year we had even more points than this at this stage. Hopefully a strong enough squad this year to withstand the inevitable suspensions and injuries.

I think the fact that we have already had some significant injuries and suspensions and are still top says we can definitely do that.  I'd go so far as to say that the only long term injury we would really struggle with would be one to Bishop, and maybe Pack but I know others would dispute that.
(21-09-2023, 10:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2023, 09:49 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]The only negative is last year we had even more points than this at this stage. Hopefully a strong enough squad this year to withstand the inevitable suspensions and injuries.

I think the fact that we have already had some significant injuries and suspensions and are still top says we can definitely do that.  I'd go so far as to say that the only long term injury we would really struggle with would be one to Bishop, and maybe Pack but I know others would dispute that.
and Norris!
(21-09-2023, 10:35 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2023, 10:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

and Norris!

Maybe .. I havent seen enough of Schofield to judge, but the fact that he played virtually a whole season in the championship must surely mean there is a half-decent player in there somewhere.  And tbh I'm not totally convinvced by Norris yet, although his distribution is excellent.
Bit of a fumble for their second goal on Tuesday but has done well otherwise imo. Agreed his distribution is generally excellent with the occasional booboo.
Did enjoy catching up with my scummer mate in work yesterday, what with them taking another home defeat, us going top and to add to the fun him catching covid so he was a right bundle of joy and happiness.
Bazunu couldn’t even catch COVID at the moment.
I had some trepidation around our Sept set of fixtures but 7 from 9 is a fantastic return.
(21-09-2023, 04:11 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu couldn’t even catch COVID at the moment.

That made me laugh. Good one Cunni
Against IPSWICH it was noticeable that a lot of safety work seems to be underway at Stains - so many vacant red armchairs !