TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Lincoln up next
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Might we see Reeco back?
What reception will Regan get from the Lincoln fans?

I'll be honest, I don't care about either.
I want to see Pompey press so high up the park and keep them penned in and go all out for the first goal.
Doing this does not come risk free but the support from the terraces should make this a truly terrifying deal for the Lincoln players and fans
The team are delivering results, we are top after all. It's about time Fratton Park came to life and terrified the opposition again.
It would be great if the lads can replicate the 1st half at home. I think the crowd would go absolutely mental seeing us play so we'll.
Early goal for Pompey & they will have to come out & attack.

We can catch them on the break with ball over the top for fowards to run onto.
That would be a total departure from the way we generally play.
Reeco is expected to start. Tyler Walker (what a loan flop he was) is one of 2 strikers out injured
(21-09-2023, 04:09 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]That would be a total departure from the way we generally play.

Yeah, Bishops pace is frightening! ?
2-0 Pompey
An early goal would wreck Lincoln's game plan and mean they cannot sit behind 'the bus', and we know that's what they will start with.
Their form isn't too different from our own having not lost since the opening day!
They just have problems scoring, sound familiar?
Well, an early goal will stir Fratton up, it should be a good atmosphere anyways. We are top of the bloody league, if its flat for that, then it does not deserve its reputation.
(21-09-2023, 03:16 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if the lads can replicate the 1st half at home. I think the crowd would go absolutely mental seeing us play so we'll.

Pompey 4-4 Fulham! That was a great first half Peds?! ?
Ido however, agree, it would be lovely to see
This game will test whether we yet have it in us to break down the teams that "park the bus". Our record isn't  great in that department but this team feels like one that is going to keep getting better. Play like we have the last 2 games we should beat Lincoln comfortably. 3-0
Should we judge Pompey on how well we played in the first half against Barnsley or should we take into account how badly set up Barnsley were in the first 3/4 of an hour? I certainly wouldn’t want to have played the Barnsley of the second half, for the full 90.
Herman...We're Pompey you know what'll happen lol
There are single seats left in the family sections.
Has the club realised that they cannot be purchased.
ie an adult can only buy with a child and there are no seats left part from the singles?
And children cannot go without an adult.
(21-09-2023, 07:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]There are single seats left in the family sections.
ie an adult can only buy with a child and there are no seats left part from the singles?
If we have any thoughts of winning the league, this is the sort of game we have to win.
(21-09-2023, 07:21 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2023, 07:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]There are single seats left in the family sections.
If we have any thoughts of winning the league, this is the sort of game we have to win.

Why?
It's not like lincoln are a bad side, far from it. They have got results against us before. Not many but they have anf this year have another side who know how to get a result. Regan Poole played there last season and he for me is our best player so far.
Pompey will have to have energy and bravery and maybe in doing so, get the luck that brings.
(21-09-2023, 10:03 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?
It's not like lincoln are a bad side, far from it. They have got results against us before. Not many but they have anf this year have another side who know how to get a result. Regan Poole played there last season and he for me is our best player so far.
Pompey will have to have energy and bravery and maybe in doing so, get the luck that brings.
I agree with Farq. This is exactly the sort of game we have to put to bed if we have any thoughts of winning the league. Anything less and we are just candidates for the playoffs.

That doesn’t mean to say that we can’t win the league if we don’t beat Lincoln.

Nope.

We can lose this game and still win the league, no question.

We will lose at some point this season and as long as it doesn’t happen too often we will be fine.

Having said that, I don’t expect us to lose this one,
PUP
Better to have a nice long run before we lose the first home game, though.
This is a typical Pompey banana skin fixture, the sort where we follow up a famous win with a meek showing where we lose to nil.

This side is not a typical Pompey side however. I am filled with optimism and confidence and think we will blow them away.
Cheltenham at home came after the Leyton Orient win at Brisbane Road.

I remain cautious!
(22-09-2023, 11:05 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Cheltenham at home came after the Leyton Orient win at Brisbane Road.

I remain cautious!

Mousinho seems to be coming to terms with the fact that the ridiculous defensive approach against Cheltenham was ill-conceived.
(22-09-2023, 01:45 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-09-2023, 11:05 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Cheltenham at home came after the Leyton Orient win at Brisbane Road.

I remain cautious!

Mousinho seems to be coming to terms with the fact that the ridiculous defensive approach against Cheltenham was ill-conceived.

I wouldn't say we were defensive against Cheltenham, we spent most of the game camped in their half failing miserably to find a way through their two banks of 5, and missing the target on the occasions that we did manage to create a chance.  IMO it was a poor attacking performance rather than a defensive one.
I really hope we don’t do the usual and give Reeco shit tomorrow because that’s going to spur him on!
I still cannot get rid of the hard on I got when we equalised at Derby. Didn’t get to Barnsley but I’m hoping, praying and crossing my fingers that we muller them. Pompey being Pompey, that means a Lincoln win Big Grin
(22-09-2023, 06:15 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope.

We can lose this game and still win the league, no question.

We will lose at some point this season and as long as it doesn’t happen too often we will be fine.

Having said that, I don’t expect us to lose this one,
PUP
4-7 to win this one, not winning would be a disappointment to say the least.Especially to anyone who backs us  Big Grin
Pages: 1 2