TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jimmy's Head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad the rail seating's finished, but what about the top of Jimmy's head? And we need half a crest back.
Its on his statue
Having 500 sweaty backsides sat on an image of his face every home game has never been a fitting tribute to him. A mural on the side of the stand would have been better and this statue is better still.
Thought this might be a post about Apple TV series For All Mankind. Fuck my days that's a barnet
Fabulous statue, best I've ever seen of a player, every bit as good as Bobby Moore's outside Wembly.
(23-09-2023, 03:02 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous statue, best I've ever seen of a player, every bit as good as Bobby Moore's outside Wembly.

Phew - that's a relief !! - I feared the title might mean Jimmy's Head was too big for his body like the Scummers one of Ted was originally.
(23-09-2023, 03:02 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Fabulous statue, best I've ever seen of a player, every bit as good as Bobby Moore's outside Wembly.

Agreed, it's a brilliant statue. 

They need to do something with the background behind it though, a black statue doesn't show up very well against the dark grey background.
Maybe they can paint the background royal blue or white or both
Alan Knight Deserves to be next

Agreed, there’s some truly shocking ones out there and I must admit to being nervous about this one but it really is excellent.
Knew he played many times for England, but didn't realise he played 6 games for England in World Cup Finals.
(23-09-2023, 08:26 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Knew he played many times for England, but didn't realise he played 6 games for England in World Cup Finals.

Including the embarrassing loss to USA in the 1950 World Cup unfortunately…
But he was and is our most decorated footballer and I would never take that away from him
Was a pretty decent cricketer as well. The old man played in a couple of matches with him. On one occasion Jimmy took a rising fast ball full on the chest without flinching. #nails

Deebo

Saw him play many times. Can’t stress enough his abilities as a player and ambassador for the club on and off the pitch. And he never seemed to foul. A true gent. Glad to hear the statue has been well received. Still my favourite ever Pompey player and one to be proud of.
Agree with all that the statue is great and the background is naf. Noticed in the unveiling that Knightsie is hobbling rather badly. Hope it's temporary as he's not very old, well, only 62.
Think AK has had a hip operation very recently Dsmg
(28-09-2023, 08:39 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Think AK has had a hip operation very recently Dsmg

Yes that is correct,  I was speaking to Kev the kitman a month or so ago & he told me that he is waiting for both his hips to be replaced. 

He mentioned in the conversation that his mate Knighsie had just had one done.
Had a look at the statue today. Sensational.

THAT is how you do a football statue. Credit to the club, the south coast and the history of the game.