TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Game today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another 3 points , some great football, top of the league, great midfield performances and the scummers lose again Smile 

Pack, Morrell and Robertson had great performances all three picked up bookings again, Morrell being self inflicted. Lane had a great game as did Kamara. I know Regan got MOTM but I would’ve picked Morrell. Anjorin looked useful when he came on however,Whyte was anonymous when he came on .Devlin, Raggs & Towler had cameos.

On the downside, Sparkes after his calamitous start seemed to lose his confidence, his corners were poor although his crossing is fine. I know he made Pooles goal but we really need Ogilvie back.
Why oh why do we insist on trying to run the game down after 80 mins, all we do is invite pressure especially as games rarely finish after 90 mins. Lincoln made a couple of late subs late in the second half and we allowed our selves to be bullied by them . We lost our shape and rhythm when Robertson went off and to finish the game with all 4 centre backs on was a bit ridiculous imo.
Anyway, we are top of the league, we ar top of the league.
Agree with just about all of that. We definitely missed Ogilvie (Sparks is OK on the wing but is definitely not a LB), and Morrell was definitely my MOTM too. We seemed confused as a team at the end with the rush of subs, and most didn't seem necessary. But JM is still learning fast which is great. Once we have Saydee and Yengi back we are going to be even better.
And again Joe Morrell man of the match performance today for me.

Totally agree that we should not attempt to 'shut up shop' as it will inevitably invite pressure, which today, nearly lost us two points.

No game finishes much short of 95 minutes these days.
Bringing on Raggett (not his fault) late often seems to coincide with the defence becoming disorganised and not sure who is marking who.
For me, it would be better to put the likes of Stevenson on in front of the existing defence, or swap Sparkes for a one more defensive minded left footer.