TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: my ratings today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not done this for a while so here goes .... 

Norris 6 Good distribution as always, but he looked a bag of nerves in the second half and was lucky with two or three mistakes. 
Rafferty 8 He was our main source of attacks in the first haf and solid at the back when needed 
Poole 9 He is class, scored a good goal, made several vital tackles in the middle of the pitch, and solid as ever when defending at the back. Deservedly MOTM. 
Shaughnessy 7 Won everything in the air and he and Poole look so very comfortable together.
Sparkes 6 Bad error for their goal and that unsettled him for half an hour or so. Looked unsure of his positioning at full back, in fact looked like a wing-back playing out of position in a back four when he should be the other way round. Good cross for the second goal, and played much better in the second half. 
Pack 8 He and Morrell ran the show in the middle of the park
Morrell 7 He and Pack ran the show in the middle of the park
Lane 8 Great first half, good goal and looked dangerous every time he had the ball in the final third.
Robertson 7 Some sublime touches and movement, but gave it away a couple of times. 
Kamara 7 Posed a great threat in the first half, bud faded a bit in the second 
Bishop 7 Battled away as ever and led the line well but never got a sniff of a chance

Subs 
Anjorin 8  A couple of very nice touches and one superb tackle and turn. First sign of what he might be all about. 
Whyte 5 Looks totally devoid of confidence 
Devlin 7 Worked his bollocks off for the short period he had on the pitch and helped us see the game out. 
Raggett & Towler only on in injury time but both saw quite a bit of action. 

Mousinho 7 Set the team up right for the start, not sure the first subsitutions improved anything. 

Overall a good win  against a decent side, but second half was a bit flat when we should have been trying put the game to bed. Lucky they missed the sitter at the very end.  One of those games where the result matters so much more than the slightly unconvincing performance.
I thought Morrell was worth at least an 8
You give Anjorin 8 and Morrell 7 , seriously !!!
He’s got bags of energy Morrell, sometimes that gets him cards but you can’t say he doesn’t give 100% every time he plays
Anjorin in his interview when joining the club said one of his strengths was his pace?!? He just ambles around from what I’ve seen but he does seem to have a bit of ability with the ball at his feet, but pace?!? Where is it?
(23-09-2023, 06:40 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Morrell was worth at least an 8

So did I , but minus one for another booking.
(23-09-2023, 06:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin in his interview when joining the club said one of his strengths was his pace?!? He just ambles around from what I’ve seen but he does seem to have a bit of ability with the ball at his feet, but pace?!? Where is it?

He makes Pack look like a whippet. 

I would have given Morrell and Kamara an extra point and deducted at least one from Anjorin. Other than that, I saw the same game as Deep.

If only someone could have found Kamara in the box, we’d have had a hatful. His positioning was tremendous.
He makes Pack look like a whippet. Absolutely spot on Cunning
I'd have been tempted to give Lane a 9. He has really turned up right when we needed him. With Scully injured and Whyte's form very patchy, Lane has been that wide threat we need. Brilliant again today and just about undroppable.

(23-09-2023, 06:46 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin in his interview when joining the club said one of his strengths was his pace?!? He just ambles around from what I’ve seen but he does seem to have a bit of ability with the ball at his feet, but pace?!? Where is it?

I'd heard that it was more his acceleration than outright pace that was the asset although he's not meant to be slow. I think it's possible that after a tough time with injury he might not quite trust his body again yet to put everything into his runs. There's plenty of player in there though by the looks of it.
Maybe you’re right D’Allessandro but pace isn’t everything if you have skill. See Prosinecki and Kanu for reference on that, even Niko Kranjcar wasn’t exactly Usain Bolt but was still a decent footballer. As it stands a fully fit Saydee is the man I’d have in the ‘number 10’ position over both Anjorin and Robertson right now but that can change if performances from the aforementioned two loanees improve. And that’s saying something because Robertson has actually been pretty good. It bodes well for our season anyway to have all these technically gifted players at the club anyway
Have to say, without wishing to kick a man when he is down, but Whyte was awful. He made more errors in 20 mins than the rest of the team did all told.
Spot on DB
Maybe he has pace in the same way the Micky Quinn had it?
ie pedestrian until he is in the box and sees a chance....
(23-09-2023, 07:49 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Have to say, without wishing to kick a man when he is down, but Whyte was awful. He made more errors in 20 mins than the rest of the team did all told.
He's lost his confidence, and needs our backing IMO
I thought Whyte was starting to show flashes of what he’s capable of, against Derby. Didn’t someone say he leads in the amount of assists. I’ve not checked to see if that is true.
Pack didn’t need pace yesterday, he just controlled midfield. It’s not his job to run around like a whippet, that’s for Morrell and Robertson etc to do.
Although he busted a gut, to catch Reeco.
You warming to him, Cunni?
With Regards to Reeco Andy Moon stated a fee of only £50K for him. Seems a bit low to me for a half decent player who scored some good goals for us albeit inconsustent with performances. Anyone got any views on tht?
(24-09-2023, 04:00 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]You warming to him, Cunni?

Yeah, definitely. He’s trying now and that one incident, with Reeco, highlighted it.
(24-09-2023, 04:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]With Regards to Reeco Andy Moon stated a fee of only £50K for him. Seems a bit low to me for a half decent player who scored some good goals for us albeit inconsustent with performances. Anyone got any views on tht?

About what he’s worth. 

Do you think he was worth keeping, going on what you’ve heard?
I don’t think we would’ve gotten much more especially as mid table L1 would appear to be his level.
(24-09-2023, 04:50 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]With Regards to Reeco Andy Moon stated a fee of only £50K for him. Seems a bit low to me for a half decent player who scored some good goals for us albeit inconsustent with performances. Anyone got any views on tht?

We did well to get anything for him given that he could have gone for free in January.  50k sounds about right for a mid-table league one reserve player.
Back to Anjorin...

His first few contributions were to get pushed off the ball easily. Then just as I was about to have a good old moan about him, he goes ahead and makes a fantastic tackle and drives forward with the ball. 

If he pulls his finger out, he could be a real asset for us. Hopefully he will have taken on board the crowds reaction, when he made that tackle & drive, and produces some more of that.
Agreed with those ratings for the most part.

Morell was really good then saw the red mist again.

If we'd gone down to 10 when he got booked then we would have been in big trouble.

Pleased that coont who patted him on the head was booked.
Pages: 1 2