TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: An Americans viewpoint...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An interesting video....

The Rise Of Portsmouth FC - YouTube  

Made me feel quiet proud, not just of the Club, but also our great City
Great video, thanks for sharing.
What a sales brochure!
Stirring stuff- I suspect it's an Eisner production though.
Can we put it on 'South Today' ?
Great video.. obviously Westwood had to be in it! Should be played in every pub in Pompey on match days.. that'll get the crowd going.
Enjoyed that.
(24-09-2023, 09:07 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Stirring stuff- I suspect it's an Eisner production though.

Great video. Those brief, overhead shots of Southsea do make the beaches look like something you'd find off the Florida coast, however, and that's going to confuse our yank cousins when they roll up at  Clarence Esplanade.
(24-09-2023, 08:37 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]What a sales brochure!

Maybe ...  I found that a very strange video and can't quite work out the reason for making it.
For all this sort of thing, we need to consider how we could get another screen in the ground.
I love the pre kick off videos, but where we sit now, towards the top of the South Stand we cannot see them. Our other option for later in the season appears to be the Milton End, again no view.

My thoughts exactly. The bit about 49% of fan ownership coming from private investors maybe a hint they’re looking for their own investors.
(24-09-2023, 07:27 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]An interesting video....

The Rise Of Portsmouth FC - YouTube  

Made me feel quiet proud, not just of the Club, but also our great City

Brilliant!
(24-09-2023, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe ...  I found that a very strange video and can't quite work out the reason for making it.

I’ve worked with companies over my time that have floated on the stock exchange. Each time a video, not unlike the one shown, was produced. But, same as you, I thought why? Cracking promotional aid.
(24-09-2023, 07:16 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-09-2023, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ve worked with companies over my time that have floated on the stock exchange. Each time a video, not unlike the one shown, was produced. But, same as you, I thought why? Cracking promotional aid.
The follow-on linked videos are very good too. Definitely one to bookmark, as each time you re-run the link you seem to get different pompey interviews/shows
The idea that this was an Eisner production is hilarious. A load of badly stitched together stock footage (without credit) with a school level project AI commentary.

Nice and all that but let's not get carried away eh.

In his Twitter bio it says he lives on the Isle of Wight and he has the hashtag #mufc so I'm guessing he's not quite as American as all that given his profile photo on YouTube is a really old image of The Rock.

And really Smirnoff, if you thought that was a video of the quality used by companies floating on the stock exchange you need to go to Specsavers.
It’s a YouTube video which some people liked, no need to overanalyse and knock it