TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scully out for 3 months
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Operation to repair meniscus. It's the same as TL.
Feel for the lad.
Pompey must've been aware of his injury record. He had hardly featured at all for Wigan. 
It was a risk we took and it has not come out well for us.
We must hope that a successful operation and rehabilitation gives us a new player for free in January for the run in.
Gutted for him and Pompey.
(24-09-2023, 08:25 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Operation to repair meniscus. It's the same as TL.
Feel for the lad.
Pompey must've been aware of his injury record. He had hardly featured at all for Wigan. 
It was a risk we took and it has not come out well for us.
We must hope that a successful operation and rehabilitation gives us a new player for free in January for the run in.
Gutted for him and Pompey.

That is bad news. I thought he looked excellent in the first game I saw him and had real potential to score lots of goals for us becuase he got into the box a lot.  Less impressive in subsequent games, but we know he is a good player from his time at Lincoln. Let's hope he can get back to that when he is fit. 

We took a risk with several of our signings this summer who had hardly played last season for various reasons, mostly injury - Scully, Whyte, Robertson, Anjorin - so the odds were at least one of them might get injured again.
I thought he looked magnificent in the first half against Exeter. Hopefully he has a successful operation and returns fit and raring to go after christmas.
At least we have some cover this year and Curtis maybe available sooner if we want him.
I agree about Curtis. I think he might be needed as experienced cover. A big ask for Kamara to play a whole season on the left I would have thought and given Scully's record we might not see much of him this season.
Scully’s injury record isn’t as bad as what’s being made out it is.

He had a hernia problem last season now he’s done his knee. Before he joined Wigan he played nearly 80 games over the previous 2 seasons.
might be the old problem of changing your body shape to counter an ache or pain and eventually triggering something else.
To be honest, I'm more worried about the rash of training injuries.
Perhaps the high press also causes injuries, especially if they do that in training.