TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shaugnessy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surely it's pronounced "Shor-nessy" not "Shog-nessy" as Guy did on the Solent review after the game?
I would have thought so Yes
As per another thread, Andy Moon asked him how it was pronounced and that's what Shaughnessy told him.

The irony is, you spelt his name wrong.  Big Grin
(25-09-2023, 09:17 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]As per another thread, Andy Moon asked him how it was pronounced and that's what Shaughnessy told him.

The irony is, you spelt his name wrong.  Big Grin
I did well spotted.Doh.
As long as he’s Shockers and not shocking, I really couldn’t give a monkey’s fart.
And IMO he is doing a fantastic job which perhaps is going slightly under the radar with Poole rightly taking lots of plaudits.
He has been a brilliant partner to Poole.
They are a product of pompey's director of football.
I wasn't sure but he has been brilliant with the money so far.
Sparkes will be a great addition bit NOT as a LB.
That boy is great going forward and crossing. He is not s LB.
I think his confidence is suspect when he is forced or told to defend. Going forward I suspect he may be the best crosser of a ball at the club.
It’s shocks-nessy
(25-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]It’s shocks-nessy

Only if he wants it pronounced like that as the most common& popular way in Ireland is Shaw nessy
(25-09-2023, 02:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]It’s shocks-nessy

Only if he wants it pronounced like that as the most common& popular way in Ireland is Shaw nessy

Andrew moon asked him
How it was pronounced and that’s how he said it.
That's what I agreed with in my reply.
As I’ve said on another thread, it’s probably in fact Shoch , as in Scottish loch. Not really a k sound but that’s how Moon interpreted it. Anyway, he’s playing well so far, whatever his name is.
Don't care how they pronounce it, he has been brilliant alongside Poole. It will be a different partner on Saturday though
Another signing that I wasn't especially excited about. Seemed just a utility backup man but has been immense. Playing alongside Poole helps but he's more than done his bit.