TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Still don’t know his best team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cmon ffs after 4 years you’d think the clown would know by now 
It’s laughable . GO NOW PLEASE
talking team. A loanee who strops off rather than support his team mates.
Do we keep him or send him back to Wales.
If we pick him next game it could look like a reward for throwing his toys out of the pram.

And not knowing his best team goes against all the promotion credentials of the likes of Bobby Campbell and his PPPP message. (Perfect preparation produces promotion or such like)
Our 'team' trains for less than half a day, then has a day off between games. They're not interested in even getting to know each other, let alone prepare perfectly.
I believe he does know his best team.
I believe you saw his best team against Sunderland.
I think, like me, he believed that was a game where, at the very least, a point was essential. Given the point in the season, the opposition, their position, our position and our current form with what remains of the season.

Someone on this board posted stats showing Harrison and Marquis are our most prolific strike partnership: he used 2 up front and them in it.
He has built the defence, if not the team and his reputation around Raggett. Jack is our best CB (there has been questions why he doesn't always get that slot; he played him there), Daniels is a more accomplished player than Brown with a less power. Bolton is a very good player, Johnson might be better but may be carrying a knock?

The midfield is always going to be the most contentious area for selection; but for me he played about as good as anyone would pick. There will always be room for a bit of discussion whatever you pick. The big question: why White not Curtiss to start? White is a young talent with lots of potential and less than average inhibitions (a youthful belief anything is possible) who just scored his first goal for the Club. Curtiss is our most valuable financial asset that can blow hot or can blow cold, and is affected by his own perception of team selection. Having him start on the bench could fire him up or backfire. I'm going to say it fired him up. I'll leave the rest there, I believe they were as good as could be picked. But I am sure someone will find an amazing issue that undermines everything said; it doesn't matter: I am saying he knows HIS best team, and that was it.

I believe Raggett and Marquis just haven't been good enough this season. I am sure KJ has done everything he can to get the most he can out of them: it hasn't worked.

If you replace those 2 with, say, Sanderson, and maybe Wyke, then I am going to say we would have got at least a draw. At the KO to the season would everyone have clamoured for those 2?
Ok, but if he knows his best team then why does he chop and change it virtually every match?
(12-03-2021, 04:00 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but if he knows his best team then why does he chop and change it virtually every match?

Because if he didn't he would be accused of burning out the players by playing them twice a week for several months and not using his squad ?
Frattoniser
Those seem fair comments to me
I guess Marquis is the biggest disappointment, cost a lot of money but unless he scores regularly is not worth a starting place.
At least Raggett was cheap.