TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jackett Out flags at the training ground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seen online that there have been flags put up right outside the training ground. 

Personally I think its embarrassing. 
The only thing I see it doing is deflating the team even further. 

I want Jackett out as much as the next person, but we've been told time and time again that he isnt going anywhere, which IMO is right due to the financial constraints Pompey are having to live with at the moment.
(12-03-2021, 09:28 AM)EddJ Wrote: [ -> ]Seen online that there have been flags put up right outside the training ground. 

Personally I think its embarrassing. 
The only thing I see it doing is deflating the team even further. 

I want Jackett out as much as the next person, but we've been told time and time again that he isnt going anywhere, which IMO is right due to the financial constraints Pompey are having to live with at the moment.

I disagree I'm afraid. If we can't afford to sack a failing manager and replace him then what the heck are we doing as a football club. He needs to go and the sooner the better, the standard of football we play is dreadful.
Jackett's got off lightly this year as there've been no crowds at FP. Considering the crap he's served up I think a few banners aren't worth worrying about.
We would have to pay Jackett something like 4 months severance, he is reputedly  on £300 K pa so severance comes to c. £100,000 plus add-on (pension, NI etc).

Eisner is worth c £1.67 Billion and makes interest at about  £350,000 a month before tax but the above interest calculation above is at an incredibly low 1%, as one of the super-rich he will be making something like ten times that (but I don’t want to unnecessarily gild the lily).

Not even a months interest (at the most conservative interest rate) to get rid of the useless Jackett !
(12-03-2021, 11:19 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]We would have to pay Jackett something like 4 months severance, he is reputedly  on £300 K pa so severance comes to c. £100,000 plus add-on (pension, NI etc).

Eisner is worth c £1.67 Billion and makes interest at about  £350,000 a month before tax but the above interest calculation above is at an incredibly low 1%, as one of the super-rich he will be making something like ten times that (but I don’t want to unnecessarily gild the lily).

Not even a months interest (at the most conservative interest rate) to get rid of the useless Jackett 
But don’t forget Wighty that jacketts salary has to be paid if he stays or goes. It’s a sunk cost. The true cost of sacking Jackett is the cost of the new team for 80 odd extra days (however much this ends up being).

Regarding the Jackett Out flags, Kenny has got off very lightly this season. The players too. All should be completely embarrassed about their performances. It’s been well below the minimum required and a couple of flags I hope will embarrass them sufficiently to get an inclination of how the fans are feeling about them.
Regarding Jackett, he's very lucky there are no supporters at games. The Jackett out/you're not fit to wear the shirt etc chants would be continuous. A few flags is the lest the cretin deserves.
(12-03-2021, 11:19 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]We would have to pay Jackett something like 4 months severance, he is reputedly  on £300 K pa so severance comes to c. £100,000 plus add-on (pension, NI etc).

Not even a months interest (at the most conservative interest rate) to get rid of the useless Jackett !

Parsimoniously speaking White, I philosophise much in general contrivance of your discourse
Jackett got a few flag and got off lightly.

The players (as normally happens) have got off very lightly too.
The whole lot should thank their lucky stars there are not fans in the ground home and away.
Not embarrassing at all but I’ll tell you what is fvckin embarrassing the fact he’s still at Pompey
Gerry,
I say, top-hole post don’t you know !

?
Can we get some more flags please?
Maybe if we make it known the hostile reception that awaits he might just do the right thing?
I'm waiting for someone to sneak into fratton Park and quietly add some to the flags adorning the seats.
From the way they talk on the radio I think Guy W and Andy Moon might wish they could do that for us.

Tournate own PFC, and I don’t think it’s reasonable for fans to expect owners to empty their pockets for us, so the personal fortune is largely irrelevant, especially given the losses this season and the salary cap.
Truth is we wouldn’t have survived as a fan-owned club, and tournate have invested.

Sad truth is it looks like the manager has failed to make it count.  Agree it’s relatively small beer to bring a new man in now, and it would give them a look at what Jacket leaves behind.
Truth is we wouldn’t have survived as a fan-owned club, and tournate have invested.

Sad truth is it looks like the manager has failed to make it count.

spot on
It could be that someone has already agreed to take over in the summer who is currently employed elsewhere. Perhaps that could explain the reluctance to get rid of Jackett now.
Put him on gardening leave along with his side kick then and hand the reins over to Mark Kelly for the remaining matches - he can't do any worse than KJ because we have already hit rock bottom.
(13-03-2021, 09:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Put him on gardening leave along with his side kick then and hand the reins over to Mark Kelly for the remaining matches - he can't do any worse than KJ because we have already hit rock bottom.

Good idea Exterm, anyone but Jackett ffs.