TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Quite disappointed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With that second half performance. 

I’d like to have seen us go for the throat instead of keeping them at bay. A one goal lead is never enough to be certain and give credit to Wigan, they tried.

We were always the better side but now top spot isn’t ours to necessarily keep. We’ve let Oxford match our goal difference.

I’m just hoping that’s our wobble. Three goals in as many games.
Nothing to concern me today, excellent result.
4 points in front of Stevenage is what counts.
Stevenage commentator rates oxford the best they've seen yet Barnsley commentator who watched oxford as a guest said Pompey played the best 45 they have seen in the last couple of seasons.
Horses for courses.
Pompey are getting better and have players to come back as yet
We’re not Man City so we aren’t just going to cruise to victory every match
Still a point ahead of Oxford and level GD.
Can’t believe people aren’t happy, we’re top of the league, unbeaten, we’ve just played a very good in form team AWAY and got 3 points!!!
What’s the problem?? You should be supporting Reading or even Man Utd if you want disappointment.
Picking up momentum and getting 3 points on the road . Not to be sniffed at . PUP
I want goals. I want us to crush every team into the ground and look like like unbeatable champions.

We beat a misfiring Wigan side 2-1. Dead happy with a win.

Meanwhile, Oxford are smashing a team to watch out for, 3-1, away.

I’m grumpy about it.

When do we play Oxford?
piss poor 2nd half
But we still won
Don’t worry about Oxford, we’ll hammer the yellow shirted coonts
Not the first time we've had a one goal lead and not known whether to stick or twist. But that's a wonderful result. A September that could have been a nightmare has been a dream. Saydee and Swanson are back with Yengi hopefully to follow soon. I'm very happy.
Man C lost unbeaten record before us!
(30-09-2023, 05:02 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Not the first time we've had a one goal lead and not known whether to stick or twist. But that's a wonderful result. A September that could have been a nightmare has been a dream. Saydee and Swanson are back with Yengi hopefully to follow soon. I'm very happy.

I can get behind that.

I’m happier now.
two centre halves outstanding today

Deebo

Just a tad more adventure and a little less pragmatism after going in front against ten men would go down well in this neck of the woods as well. Having said that we are winning regularly oop north which is always a good sign for us. Well done again boys.
(30-09-2023, 05:57 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]two centre halves outstanding today

Was Sparkes any good? Hopefully, having had a run out, he was more in the groove today.
Better than in last game, but not as good as O'
He was excellent first half, put in several very dangerous crosses and made a couple of timely interceptions.
3 points
at Wigan
yes they had a man sent off but that at least got their crowd behind them.
Wigan, Barnsley, Derby, all away 7 points.
That seems promotion form to me.
Winning without Ogilvie is another good omen. We are beginning to show signs of a resilient promotion candidate that can grind out wins from losing positions away from home. 

It's a,fantastic result today and shows the other decent away results were no fluke.
(30-09-2023, 04:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]With that second half performance. 

I’d like to have seen us go for the throat instead of keeping them at bay. A one goal lead is never enough to be certain and give credit to Wigan, they tried.

We were always the better side but now top spot isn’t ours to necessarily keep. We’ve let Oxford match our goal difference.

Same here, can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you here!

Once in front & they're down to 10 men we need to capitalise & go for more goals.

From listening to Guy on the radio Whyte missed an absolute sitter which would have made it 3-1.

Then manage the rest of the game but like Barnsley we're clinging on by our finger nails at the end.

We've had a great September but we can do better.

Promotion is not assured far too early but keep working hard & we have a good chance.
(30-09-2023, 07:48 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-09-2023, 04:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]With that second half performance. 

Once in front & they're down to 10 men we need to capitalise & go for more goals.

From listening to Guy on the radio Whyte missed an absolute sitter which would have made it 3-1.

Then manage the rest of the game but like Barnsley we're clinging on by our finger nails at the end.

Promotion is not assured far too early but keep working hard & we have a good chance.
Whyte's miss wasn't a sitter at all, it was a half-chance at best, but at least he had a go. Good save by the keeper too.
When I looked at the fixtures for September I didn't expect to finish it top and with 7 points from the away games at Derby, Barnsley and Wigan. Fantastic effort let's see an equally good October. Do we look like world beaters? No, but we are resilient, hard to beat and at times playing some really good football. I don’t think there is a better team than us in this division this season. PUP .
(30-09-2023, 07:54 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-09-2023, 07:48 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Whyte's miss wasn't a sitter at all, it was a half-chance at best, but at least he had a go. Good save by the keeper too.
Whyte’s effort to set himself up for that attempt on goal was superb. Could have gone near post or far. He chose near post and the keeper did well.

As for Mikey agreeing with me, it’s about bleedin time. First occasion he’s been right!
(30-09-2023, 04:56 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]piss poor 2nd half
But we still won

Bit like the Arsenal i remember. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2