TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: International call ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many do you think we will get call up?
Wales- morrell, Poole (he’s been out standing so should get a call up)
Northern Ireland- Lane, Whyte, Devlin (under 21’s)
Australia- Robertson

Not sure on anyone else but that would be a postponement I’d imagine
Do you know how many you need for one?
I think it’s only 3 call ups reqd
Morrell, Poole, Lane, Robertson. Whyte is catching up fast.
I hope we are not going to get posts like this before every international break ... we know that every time there is one our game will be off unless for some bizarre reason we decide we want to play with a weakened squad.

And apart from that the chances are the opposition will call it off anyway as loads of  teams in our league have 3 call ups.
WE should play and be damned, our squad are not much weaker in every position. The keeper and Bishop are not going anywhere.
The clubs who call off are also the ones whinging about fixture pile ups as the season goes on.
Unless Australia are involved it’ll only be Morrell , Whyte and Lane. We could play without those three although Lane & Morrell are on top form.
If Pack is out, it might be a weaker mid
but then again stevenson looked half decent to me
(01-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]If Pack is out, it might be a weaker mid
but then again stevenson looked half decent to me

If Pack is out (and be fair Pompey always talk cinsistent bull sh!t about injuries) I don't think he'll go with Stevenson. He'll do what he did on Saturday and put Saydee in behind Bishop and drop Robertson back to pair up with Morrell.
Looking at the fixtures, some games have already been called off.
Barnsley - Bolton
Reading - Oxford

We should never think about playing with missing players.
(01-10-2023, 08:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Unless Australia are involved it’ll only be Morrell , Whyte and Lane. We could play without those three although Lane & Morrell are on top form.

Australia’s next match is a friendly against England on Friday the 13th of October 2023 at Wembley Stadium
(01-10-2023, 07:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]WE should play and be damned, our squad are not much weaker in every position. The keeper and Bishop are not going anywhere.
The clubs who call off are also the ones whinging about fixture pile ups as the season goes on.

We play with players away and we lose, moaning starts that we never should have played with players gone.

Then it will be some grand plan by the Eisners to stop us getting promoted.
Reckon our matches will be rearranged every time there's an international break........ didn't do us any harm the other week against Barnsley did it?
It won't do us any harm unless we get a fixture pile up later in the season.
Probably our most important player is Bishop and we don't need him playing two games a week, week in week out for a month.
(02-10-2023, 10:57 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2023, 07:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]WE should play and be damned, our squad are not much weaker in every position. The keeper and Bishop are not going anywhere.

We play with players away and we lose, moaning starts that we never should have played with players gone.

Yeah, it’s about time the Eisners put their hand in their pocket and showed some ambition. It’s entirely down to them and their naivety that we’re in this mess. They know nothing about football.

We need some proper players in the January transfer window and not a load more loanees like fucking Robertson. Mousinho should be binned, the clueless twat.

I’d like to see more goals. Give someone a proper dicking.
(03-10-2023, 05:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, it’s about time the Eisners put their hand in their pocket and showed some ambition. It’s entirely down to them and their naivety that we’re in this mess. They know nothing about football.

We need some proper players in the January transfer window and not a load more loanees like fucking Robertson. Mousinho should be binned, the clueless twat.

£10m January transfer kitty or I’m hiring a blimp to fly above FP.

No more shit like Paddy Lane, fucking useless.
(03-10-2023, 05:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 05:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

£10m January transfer kitty or I’m hiring a blimp to fly above FP.

No more shit like Paddy Lane, fucking useless.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Northampton game is postponed.
Given a few injuries right now I think maybe it's for the best on this occasion. Another week to get Pack / maybe Anjorin? / Yengi / Og back.
Poole called up for Wales
great shout for the Tafs
(04-10-2023, 11:15 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Poole called up for Wales

Surprised Morell not in their squad or is he still suspended? Really pleased for Poole though. He thoroughly deserves it.
Only Paddy Lane called up for NI
Lane deserves that too!
He's been in the last few squads,whether he'll be in the first X1 is another thing - hopefully he is.
Pages: 1 2