TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Chris Wilder...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone?????. Took Sheff Utd from league 1 to Premier!
Just heard that on the radio. Wouldn't be a bad shout at all.
Only 6 years too late.
Would be over the moon to get him. Would he drop to L1 though?
(12-03-2021, 01:03 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Would be over the moon to get him. Would he drop to L1 though?

Yes please.
With open arms, didn’t we turn him down in favour of Barker?
(12-03-2021, 10:51 AM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]anyone?????. Took Sheff Utd from league 1 to Premier!

Wilder would be brilliant, and he might just fancy the opportunity to repeat the trick he did with Sheff Utd at a club like ours, but I'd have thought he is earning 3 times more than we are paying Jackett. Not as riduculous moneywise as the likes of Lampard & Howe but still unlikely at a time when we are losing money every month. 

I'd happily sell Marquis to pay his salary for year though.
After what he’s done for them I think that’s pretty disgusting.
To think we turned him down in favour of Barker ffs as for selling marquis can’t we just sell him anyway.
Be great to get Wilder but I can’t see him coming here I’m sure he’ll get offered a much better paid job than at Pompey right now much better.
No chance, Wilder is on his way to Celtic.
oi oi
Agreed, disgusting.
Unless he has been contacted and was ready to move on.
(12-03-2021, 06:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]No chance, Wilder is on his way to Celtic.

The Scottish Prem isn’t much of a professional challenge though is it? One rival club (realistically) and possibly a short run in Europe. Still I suppose the wages compensate for that.
I think you'll find that Not all managers are money Grabbers & he might like the challenge of taking Pompey back up to the Premier League. Obviously, with large bonuses for promotions & F.A. Cup later stages. Property is so much more expensive down South so Relocation allowance. If you don't ask you don't get.
To answer Savs question, no we can't sell him anyway.

We'd like to but..............
I read somewhere that we didn’t even respond to his application. Why would he drop two leagues, come down sarf and take a salary hit to join a club that obviously has some on and off field problems and that once blanked him?
Some people need to get a reality check. We've got more chance of getting Gene Wilder as our next manager and he's been dead for a few years.
The Waco Kid? Couldn't be any worse than we've got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9xVmCL0bA
(12-03-2021, 09:57 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that we didn’t even respond to his application. Why would he drop two leagues, come down sarf and take a salary hit to join a club that obviously has some on and off field problems and that once blanked him?

If that's the case that he didnt even get a response, that's such bad management. Incredibly arrogant. I'd tell us to do one.