TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wycombe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Always tight affairs. I'm hoping for a confident 'top of the league' display and a 3-0 win.
Under the lights at fratton is always a great night.
Cmon Pompey.
Robertson to finally get the goal his displays deserve
Maybe see Tino look fitter and sharper. JM doing a great job of looking after him and bringing him on slowly.
Saydee got his first minutes for while and will be better for it.
He certainly brought Tino on slowly on Saturday.
Hopefully Wycombe without Ainsworth might be a bit less of a team that rely on the dark arts.
Maybe this is gonna be our year as I thought the ref favoured us considerably against Wigan. Not surprised they were aggrieved.
Which decisions did you disagree with? That’s not to say I’m necessarily at odds with your statement.
What looked like a definite pen for them, first half I think it was. Four nil written all over it guy agreed. Also, lots of little mistakes, for and against both sides but more in our favour in my (often wrong) opinion.
Was that the ‘handball’ incident?
I never enjoy playing them, could be an awkward game!
Ainsworth has gone now though. Didn’t like his sides, although they were effective.
I think we'll be without Pack that will probably mean 1 of 2 changes could happen:

1). Stevenson ( who probably isn't match fit being as he hasn't really featured) to replace Pack and we field the same line up as Saturday.
Or
2). Robertson drops back and slots alongside Morrell and Saydee comes in,in the number 10 role.
No Cunni, somebody (maybe Wyke) was bundled over rather clumsily. My immediate impression was shyte, pen. Luckily ref thought different
(03-10-2023, 12:40 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think we'll be without Pack that will probably mean 1 of 2 changes could happen:

1). Stevenson ( who probably isn't match fit being as he hasn't really featured) to replace Pack and we field the same line up as Saturday.
Or
2). Robertson drops back and slots alongside Morrell and Saydee comes in,in the number 10 role.

2 please
Any news on ogilvie?
still sidelined I believe.
I'm not sure quite how Stevenson is supposed to get match fit if he never even gets sub time?
In the cup, I thought he looked a decent player.
Having said that, knowing that Robertson can play deeper and Saydee is available, makes it hard to pick him, but hopefully he gets a go from the bench later, Devin too.
A nice problem to have.
(03-10-2023, 03:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure quite how Stevenson is supposed to get match fit if he never even gets sub time?
In the cup, I thought he looked a decent player.
Having said that, knowing that Robertson can play deeper and Saydee is available, makes it hard to pick him, but hopefully he gets a go from the bench later, Devin too.
A nice problem to have.

Yeah Stevenson is probably the new signing that could feel most aggrieved about lack of opportunity. He'll doubtless get the EFL trophy game next week but it is strange that he almost never gets on as a sub seeing as he's theoretically the Pack/Morrell back up
Wycombe might of lost Ainsworth but they are SOOOO SHIT IT DEFIES BELIEF.
How do they watch that bollox.
Pompey simply are absolutely shot shy!
We might do well but this game has really been one team who are shit against a team who cannot fucking shoot!
It's so annoying
Get innnnn Shocknessy sic
Yeaaaaah that is so so sweet. Beating the time wasting pricks in the injury time their anti football causes is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Back from a goal down again, against a team we always struggle to beat at home.
Very good

Less good
Two players suspended now.
We need to get those extra squad players available for the team cos we are getting a bit thin until the injured start returning.

At least for Port Vale, its an ideal game for Raggie to come in, they look dangerous from crosses in the air, which is his meat and drink.
After the winner their keeper lay injury prone with the ball in the net, when he twigged the Ref wasn't buying it, he got up Lol
Saydee changed everything
The Wycombe boss says it was a foul on the keeper. Never in a million years.
I agree, I sit right in line with it and there was no foul.
No foul for sure. Clean header too strong for their keeper. I thought Robertson was excellent. Saydee game changer.
Pages: 1 2