TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Norris
Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Robertson
Lane, Anjorin, Kamara,
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Swanson, Raggett, Stevenson, Devlin, Saydee, Whyte
Tino starting. Interesting, don’t think he’ll last the 90
(03-10-2023, 05:57 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Tino starting. Interesting, don’t think he’ll last the 90

Yes, would expect him to do 45 and then saydee to do the other half. Anjorin will need to be up for the battle tonight! 

Squad depth paying off with this line up.
It's Tino time. That is an attacking lineup for sure. I'm a little surprised that Kamara hasn't been given a rest but generally that looks good to me.
1-0 down yet again, plenty of ball but little done with it. Corners aweful again. Got a bad feeling about tonight already.
It had the makings of a frustrating game after such strong results particularly away from home. Wycombe don't concede many lately so this is a tough ask now. I'm hopeful without being expectant
(03-10-2023, 07:11 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]1-0 down yet again, plenty of ball but little done with it. Corners aweful again. Got a bad feeling about tonight already.

It appears we don't have anyone who can take set pieces.

At least Jacobs could do that & hasn't it seems been replaced.
Great cmgoal by MOTM by a million miles so far, the Bish
Whyte can’t shoot
Lovely result again. Problems for Saturdays game though. No Robertson or Poole with suspension. Anjorin struggled to make any impact and so Saydee probably starts against Vale and Towler in for Poole. If Pack isn't ready then there's a choice to be made between Stevenson and Devlin.
Great result & kept going to the end. Never say die attitude.
(03-10-2023, 08:53 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely result again. Problems for Saturdays game though. No Robertson or Poole with suspension. Anjorin struggled to make any impact and so Saydee probably starts against Vale and Towler in for Poole. If Pack isn't ready then there's a choice to be made between Stevenson and Devlin.

Raggett for Poole.
Great.........this team is developing a knack for keep going.
Hmmm JM in his interview said that Pack's scan 'Didn't look great'. That's a huge shame after such a good run of performances from the skipper. That's a blow for sure and it is a conundrum going forward and Lowery is still months away.

What do we reckon? Sink or swim time for Stevenson or Devlin? One of them probably has to play the next game at least with Robertson suspended. Beyond that, I personally prefer Robertson as a 10 than an 8 but if he is in the centre of the park then it allows a way of playing him and Saydee/Anjorin the same team. Shaughnessy can play as a holding midfielder but he's been great at the back. My instincts say that it has to be Stevenson or Devlin.

Edit: Sorry scan results not back yet but JM believes it doesn't look great.
Fantastic finish to the game, very good habits in this team
Apart from the number of times we gave them the ball outside our box.

Camara was not his best but never ever stops running, tracking back or trying to make things happen.
I was more frustrated with how little we used the right wing after half time. It felt like Whyte had annoyed the rest of the team.

Tough game Saturday, possibly with a team half full of reserves.
What a game.
(03-10-2023, 07:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 07:11 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]1-0 down yet again, plenty of ball but little done with it. Corners aweful again. Got a bad feeling about tonight already.

It appears we don't have anyone who can take set pieces.

At least Jacobs could do that & hasn't it seems been replaced.

I can’t believe you’re still going on about sicknote 4 months after he’s left . You really are a sad twat.
(03-10-2023, 09:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic finish to the game, very good habits in this team
Apart from the number of times we gave them the ball outside our box.

Camara was not his best but never ever stops running, tracking back or trying to make things happen.
I was more frustrated with how little we used the right wing after half time. It felt like Whyte had annoyed the rest of the team.

Tough game Saturday, possibly with a team half full of reserves.

Who’s Camara?
They got away with it again. Meanwhile, Oxford dispatch Shrewsbury with aplomb. Their supporters must be more confident of promotion. 

Why did Mousinho go with Anjorin, when Saydee is always exciting?

If Raggett plays on Saturday, it will be interesting to see whether they get a clean sheet. For all the rave reviews for Poole and Shaughnessy, clean sheets have been thin on the ground.
TBP in not happy shocker
(04-10-2023, 05:25 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]They got away with it again. Meanwhile, Oxford dispatch Shrewsbury with aplomb. Their supporters must be more confident of promotion. 

If Raggett plays on Saturday, it will be interesting to see whether they get a clean sheet. For all the rave reviews for Poole and Shaughnessy, clean sheets have been thin on the ground.

Danny Colwey cared more about not conceding than he did about winning games, that’s why he still out of work and we’re top of the league.

Clean sheets don’t win games and don’t get you promoted, out scoring the opposition does.

Unbeaten since March.
Told last night Cowley interviewed for the Charlton job and didn't make it past the first round. Found out now.
(04-10-2023, 08:17 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Told last night Cowley interviewed for the Charlton job and didn't make it past the first round. Found out now.

He’ll be on Champ Man honing his skills
(04-10-2023, 06:56 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 05:25 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]They got away with it again. Meanwhile, Oxford dispatch Shrewsbury with aplomb. Their supporters must be more confident of promotion. 

Danny Colwey cared more about not conceding than he did about winning games, that’s why he still out of work and we’re top of the league.

Clean sheets don’t win games and don’t get you promoted, out scoring the opposition does.

Unbeaten since March.

As a young manager ours ain’t getting much wrong. He just needs to believe in our attacking players. We haven’t seen the best of this team when it goes forward. Against Derby and last night we HAD to chase goals. When we went for it we delivered. Play off the front foot and we will piss this league. Get too tactically defence focussed and we lose a big part of what we could become.

I heard that mousino thinks saydee isn't fit enough to last 90 mins at the mo. Anjorin is like every other u23 premier league player we've signed - used to playing tippee tappee football in their acedemy league but in L1 they wilt at the first sign of a hard tackle. Neither him or Kamara successfully beat a defender all night and had kamara not contributed to the first goal I would've said it was his worst game so far.

Yes we were lucky to sneak the win. No doubt if that was in the Milton end the ref would have whistled for a tao on the goalie. He didn't have the nerve to do it in front of the FE - not that I'm saying it was a foul because it definitely wasn't.

At least we still won despite playing bang average at best. Imagine what we can do it if we could find the way to win at home well.
Pages: 1 2