TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Why was FP so quiet this evening?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was bizarre - to the extent that Ricky has had to come on here and gauge opinion
I said at half time Ricky that the crowd were flat. Didn't really get into full voice until the winner. Totally bizarre I agree
Not too surprising, it was Wycombe and we didn’t test their keeper once in the first half.

The football was flat which tends to depress the crowd.

I was in the Fratton End and I thought the crowd was remarkably tolerant.

It was a tremendous relief when we got the winner, I haven’t jumped that high in ages.  Big Grin

In any case what does it matter, ‘We Are Top of the League’.

PUP
I went tonight and didn't think it quiet.

Last half hour in particular were noisy.
Their fans site say we were magnificent!!!
I didn't think so. We relied on the team to big us up. We did not really help them tonight
First ten we played really well, zipped the ball about and the crowd were loud. Went a bit flat after that. Saydee got us going again. Quite a gladiator our Saydee.
Last 30 mins last night that atmosphere was right up there. No problems here.
(03-10-2023, 10:26 PM)tricky_ricky_pfc Wrote: [ -> ]It was bizarre - to the extent that Ricky has had to come on here and gauge opinion

It was relatively quiet because the football was poor and not helped by a small away following so no banter. I know its an old topic but the drums really got on my tits last night. Couldn't help but think just how bad it must be to sit near near that tuneless shite.
I thought the crowd lacked intensity last night, ditto the team.
I was explaining to my granddaughter on the way how Fratton used to be genuinely intimidating, especially under the lights.
I think to some extent the crowd just expected the team to turn it around.
Team wise, maybe three young loanees adds flair but leaves a little less bite in the team?
(04-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the crowd lacked intensity last night, ditto the team.
I was explaining to my granddaughter on the way how Fratton used to be genuinely intimidating, especially under the lights.
Team wise, maybe three young loanees adds flair but leaves a little less bite in the team?

I thought both were fine, at least in the FE. What we really need is to give someone a real tonking, though I suspect that isn’t going to happen until we have close to our strongest team out.
(04-10-2023, 06:21 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the crowd lacked intensity last night, ditto the team.

I thought both were fine, at least in the FE. What we really need is to give someone a real tonking, though I suspect that isn’t going to happen until we have close to our strongest team out.

I was in the far end of the South Upper, not renowned for being loud. From there it was pretty quiet most of the time.
(04-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 06:21 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

I was in the far end of the South Upper, not renowned for being loud. From there it was pretty quiet most of the time.

Ditto
By modern standards we hold our own for atmosphere. As for intimidating, it isn’t really that. 70s and 80s Fratton could be a vile place to visit. Bring back “retro” days. Could be a cracking day and might just give the ground that little bit of edge we miss. Dish out prizes for most imaginative weapon used on Away fans. Get the club to sponsor the pelting of the away teams coach by supplying the correct size and density of projectile. A free season ticket for the fan that hits the away team coach from the furthest away. Dish out Kung fu stars to all kids between the age of ten and fourteen to pelt the away team and fans inside the ground. All in all it might just improve fluffy, modern football.
There was one retro moment in the the upper south family section last night.
Loads of little boys making wanker signs at the away fans
Not quite as clear as the entire front of the North terrace doing the same.
But a very Pompey family section! I bet you never get that at Watford!
Back in my day, politicians were honest, prices were reasonable, children respected their elders

(Except they weren't and they didn't).

Nostalgia glows up the past.

Of its day Pompey was up there then.

Of its day Pompey is up there now.
Agree with most of that , but honest politicians, never.
(04-10-2023, 08:46 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with most of that , but honest politicians, never.

They soon get voted out if they are!
It seems gone are the days of e.g. Harry and Jim's blue and white army being belted out non stop for 10 minutes or so.
(05-10-2023, 05:17 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]It seems gone are the days of e.g. Harry and Jim's blue and white army being belted out non stop for 10 minutes or so.

That certainly did the job
All started for Alan Ball really
I guess John mousinho fits in that! 

Personally I think we should permanently ditch the here today gone tomorrow manager's name
and just sing 
We are Pompeys blue and white army
(04-10-2023, 10:42 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2023, 10:26 PM)tricky_ricky_pfc Wrote: [ -> ]It was bizarre - to the extent that Ricky has had to come on here and gauge opinion

It was relatively quiet because the football was poor and not helped by a small away following so no banter. I know its an old topic but the drums really got on my tits last night. Couldn't help but think just how bad it must be to sit near near that tuneless shite.

Sky Sports say Burnley are advertising for a drummer
(19-10-2023, 07:33 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 10:42 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Sky Sports say Burnley are advertising for a drummer

We could have a whip round to pay for his travel each game.
Would prefer to invest in a permanent relocation package.