TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Injuries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't think we can afford many more before it affects results. It shows what a good result that was against Wycombe. We clearly missed Robertson playing further forward tonight. 

Midfield is patched together. I'd start saydee ahead of Anjorin if he's able to get 60mims of football in his legs. It would be great to get Connor back to solidify the defensive unit.

It'll be another patchwork side on Saturday. At least it's a home game.
The injuries and suspensions are beginning to take their toll. Next weeks efl trophy game has gone from an opportunity to an annoyance. Just dip deep deep into the squad for that one I reckon. The loanees, the kids and Denver Hume amongst a smattering of the first team squad like Towler and Devlin.
Yengi is back. Finally some good news on the injury front.
Hopefully ogilvies not too far behind either. 

I heard pack is out for 4-6 weeks
(05-10-2023, 03:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully ogilvies not too far behind either. 

I heard pack is out for 4-6 weeks

If he is, then we need to give stevenson a chance to show what he can do, I thought he looked decent in the cup game a while back.
We need a balance of experience in this league and the young loanees.
Not sure it’ll be a patch work side Pedalo. All the players picked ( with the exception of Stevenson) have all had league minutes this season. It’ll only be the central midfield two positions that maybe inexperienced. Although we have Stevenson, Devlin and even Shaughnessy at a push to play alongside Morrell. Plus we have Whyte, Saydee, Anjorin, Yengi, Lane and Kamara to fill the attacking midfield roles . Hardly patchwork.
(05-10-2023, 03:32 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Yengi is back. Finally some good news on the injury front.

Yengi will be 'back' when you see his name on the team sheet or, at the very least, on the bench
Pedeers, We still seem very sound at the front end, especially if Mr Yengi is back.

Seemingly a game for defending from the front, ie in the Vale penalty area !
Midfield is what concerns me for port Vale as Pack Robertson and Lowery are all out. We have 4 nailed on starters out in: Poole, Pack, Ogilvie and Robertson. This match is really going to test our squad strength. 

I'd expect Robertson to drop back in next to Morrell once his suspension is over.
While I am nervous about Vale, the fact we still have a range of options in midfield despite two injuries and a suspension there speaks volumes. I'm actually more worried about the defence due to my inherent distrust of Raggett. That said , the Port Vale style should suit his game more.
I'm really hoping that this gives stevenson a run of games. He looked decent in the cup games. If we get him match fit, we have a much stronger squad to pick form for the rest of the season. The odds are that Morell will get a few suspensions, the loans are all good but lack experience in this league so will benefit from an older head next to them and so forth.