TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Franny Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only just read that Francis Lee has died through that dreaded Cancer. Sad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66987328
RIP Francis
Very sad. Proper player when I was just learning to love football. RIP
RIP, great goal scorer with an incredible barrel chest.
One of my all time favs growing up on the 60’s
Alongside Colin Bell he was fantastic IMO
They had a great team under Joe Mercer.
And that was the days when pitches weren't called off because of a little bit of mud Big Grin
Growing up on the outskirts of Belfast, I came from the same area as George Best. There was a great boys club in our area that was permanently scouted by Man Utd and produced lots of lads who went onto have a good career in football ( Sammy McIllroy was another). Anyway, me being an awkward twat ( something I’m proud to uphold to this day), I decided to follow Man City as opposed to that other Manc team in red especially as City had Bell, Lee, Summerbee etc and a better looking kit. My City interest continued until moving to Pompey in 74. Other than when City played Pompey the last City game I went to as a fan was the 1-1 cup final against Spurs at Wembley.
Franie Lee, Colin Bell et al ... fantastic Players who gave there all on muddy and sandy pitches, not like todays manicured snooker table pitches, wonder how they would have fared if playing today? RIP Francis great player
RIP Franny, thanks for all the memories.

I used to love watching that great City team. Lee, Summerbee, Bell, what a fantastic side that was.

I also liked watching Franny play for Derby on that Baseball Ground mud heap, how you could play such good football on that is beyond me.

Not to mention the punch up with Norman Hunter in that infamous game against Leeds of course.

Modern football is very technical and pretty and the fitness levels are much higher, but it is sadly devoid of the characters of old.

We shall not see their like again.