TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Port Vale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-10-2023, 05:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 03:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 02:19 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 01:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 01:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope he has the confidence to play Saydee from the start. He doesn't seem to rate him as much as people on this board do. Stevenson might be a bit rusty, but should be good enough. No doubt the usual suspects will criticise him, if he is a little rusty, just as they did Sparkes, who looks ok now.

I don’t think he has any doubts about Saydee!

He was coming back from a injury

How many games has he started?

It’s a squad game and he’s coming back from injury.

We’re 10 games in ffs.

That doesn't really answer the question. I'm guessing 0 although I wasn't certain.
(07-10-2023, 06:37 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 05:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 03:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 02:19 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 01:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he has any doubts about Saydee!

He was coming back from a injury

How many games has he started?

It’s a squad game and he’s coming back from injury.

We’re 10 games in ffs.

That doesn't really answer the question. I'm guessing 0 although I wasn't certain.

He started the Peterborough game at home then picked up his hamstring injury that’s why he didn’t start the next one
I've got a bad feeling about today, Port vale might nick a point or worse get all three, they are a "nuggety " type of team , and will come to stop us playing, pouncing on any mistake and then setting up shop. hope Im wrong
.....odds on going a goal down early doors?
(07-10-2023, 10:24 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a bad feeling about today, Port vale might nick a point or worse get all three, they are a "nuggety " type of team , and will come to stop us playing, pouncing on any mistake and then setting up shop.  hope Im wrong

The law of averages gives me a similar bad feeling, all runs come to and end and a game when some of your better players like Poole, Ogilvie, Pack & Roberton are missing seems a likely candidate.  I also think Port Vale are one of those teams who people assume are not very good, but have actually been a top 6 side most of the season so far. 

But if we win it will show how our good our strength in depth really is , and it will re-inforce that feeling that this is a promotion season.
1 point today will be great, 3 will be superb
I’m not going for splinters in my arse.

I reckon we’re gonna score a few today.

3 points!
3 points all the way. Toppa the league!
Oxford going top meanwhile, 2- 1 up against Rovers in injury time.
(07-10-2023, 01:28 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Oxford going top meanwhile, 2- 1 up against Rovers in injury time.
Yes they did, but two sent off.
Hopefully they put in loads of high crosses and Ragget earns man of the match!
Terrible first half, Stevenson off Devlin on please
Just look like relegation stragglers holding on against a top team here. Something needs to change at half time. Kamara has been a passenger.
According to bbc stats not a shot on target in first 45! Not a stat for a top of the table team. Hopefully turn up the tempo in second 45.
Devlin and whyte please.
And alot more energy
Despite playing poorly we have not conceded.
Silver lining perhaps but we probably cannot play much worse and are likely to be better. With a top striker, we only need one chance and all that.
With Stevenson not having played I might keep him on to get minutes under his belt then bring on Devlin and Anjorin after 60 or so.
Stevenson doesn't need minutes here today, he's not going to make the 11 this season. He'll get minutes anyway on Tues if appropriate
Clean sheet.
Top striker.
That'll do.
I don't like this scoring first lark. It's worked out very poorly for our opponents this year when they've done it.
(07-10-2023, 03:17 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like this scoring first lark. It's worked out very poorly for our opponents this year when they've done it.

Hmm 2-0 is a dangerous lead you know.
(07-10-2023, 03:18 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2023, 03:17 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like this scoring first lark. It's worked out very poorly for our opponents this year when they've done it.

Hmm 2-0 is a dangerous lead you know.

Sounds like Danny Cowley. This is when he would have parked the bus.
Get in!!!

?
??
?⚪✅
?
???
Barnsley put seven past them.
We must be really bad if we don't get at least ten
Had to do a double take there Hammie, thought that was Cressers! ;-)

This is it. Fuck off League 1, absolutely fuck off, we're getting out!
I wish I had got a season ticket! Trying to buy tickets in even twos is getting really difficult! Get that Milton End open!
Pages: 1 2 3 4