TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we know if there are any tickets left?
Trying to reserve even one with no luck, I do have enough loyalty points.
OK worked out they are gone.
Worked out from the huge amount of whinging on Face Book.
My goodness some of our fans have a huge sense of entitlement!
Modern football! That's what happens when they give us a feeble allocation! I remember us taking 6000 to Elm Park when we were certainties for relegation!

Still, there's plenty of spaces in the home sections and Reading are desperate for money!
(04-10-2023, 06:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know if there are any tickets left?
Trying to reserve even one with no luck, I do have enough loyalty points.

Was surprised they didn't give us more because the rest of the ground will be half empty.
Maybe 'brassic' Reading will release a few more ?
Pompey sold 3000 ticket allocation in just 1 and a 1/2 hours!
(05-10-2023, 11:33 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey sold 3000 ticket allocation in just 1 and a 1/2 hours!

It would be typical that a club that has been docked points for not having enough money would cock up selling tickets so spectacularly. You couldn't make it up lol
What’s the cock up?
Not selling enough tickets to,potentially, their largest away gate of the season.

What are they worried about ?
(05-10-2023, 03:08 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Not selling enough tickets to,potentially, their largest away gate of the season.

What are they worried about ?

The police decide the allocation and are probably "concerned" by the home fans' demonstrations such as lobbing tennis balls on the pitch.
How did they ever cope in the seventies?

Osborne has an awful lot to answer for. and he and Liz Truss dare to be there lecturing the current gvernment
I quite enjoyed watching the tennis ball protest, it looked tremendous fun.

In fact, I think they should arm the stewards with tennis racquets. That would be very entertaining.
I remember some lively visits there, mid to late 70's
I guess tennis balls are a step up. Last time they had a protest they all waved their pants.
If we weren't trying to win the league we would probably take some tennis balls of our own.

I remember their fans being total cunts when in our situation though.
(10-10-2023, 09:59 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we weren't trying to win the league we would probably take some tennis balls of our own.

They wanted us to fold
(10-10-2023, 10:00 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2023, 09:59 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we weren't trying to win the league we would probably take some tennis balls of our own.

They wanted us to fold

A few of their fans were being twats and a few of ours do exactly the same. Fortunately, the majority of football fans are decent.
Won't ever forget it, or forgive it.

Same goes for Coventry fans waving twenty quid notes at us as well.

Funny how they have changed their tune now isn't it?
Talking of waving £20 notes . I remember during the miners strike when we played the likes of Barnsley/ Sheff Utd etc. Pompey fans would wave £’s at their supporters. A bit shit when you think about it now. It’s just a case of what goes around comes around.
I definitely don’t remember our fans singing “lend us a fiver Aldershot”…….
(11-10-2023, 02:21 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Won't ever forget it, or forgive it.

Same goes for Coventry fans waving twenty quid notes at us as well.

Funny how they have changed their tune now isn't it?

How do you know it is the same ones that were waving notes that have changed their tune ?
Oof they have a takeover it seems but by the former CEO of a company called Rich Energy. Infamous for their foray into F1 with the Haas team. Short term salvation but these clowns will do nothing for them longer term.