TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Christian Burgess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good luck to Christian Burgess,playing against Liverpool in the Europa League tonight. Certainly a guy who has made the most of both his talent and opportunities
Had his fair share of stick from Pompey fans, during his time here. Seems to be remembered with a lot more affection these days.
People were questioning why would he go to a small club in Belgium. Well now we know why
So often you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone!
Whatever the reason, he was a good man, good player, and came to one of our games this season in with the fans. can't ask for more than that.
A stylish player, prone to the odd blip -who isn't in the lower leagues? Always respected Pompey and it's fans. Hope he does well.
He took stick for leaving.
But apart from the minor thing of playing in Europe, the beer is good in Belgium, and chocolate for the other half!
Will always have a big appreciation of Burgess. Great ambassador for the club while he was here, always played to the best of his ability - yes as has already been said he made the odd mistake but those steadily decreased as he improved. Was sorry to see him leave but glad things have gone well for him in Belgium. One of life's good guys.
(05-10-2023, 06:11 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Will always have a big appreciation of Burgess. Great ambassador for the club while he was here, always played to the best of his ability - yes as has already been said he made the odd mistake but those steadily decreased as he improved. Was sorry to see him leave but glad things have gone well for him in Belgium. One of life's good guys.

The highlight for me was that weekend when we were postponed and he turned up with his boots to help a kids team.
Union's MOTM on the BBC Player rater. Really great to see him do so well. Met him once when he was MOTM when I did hospitality, really geniuinely nice bloke as well.
I remember reading he randomly turned up at some kids football training in the Portsmouth area, took them through some drills and then signed anything they wanted signing afterwards. A real top bloke who took nothing for granted and was happy to share his time and football knowledge with the next generation. I wish him all the best, top bloke
(05-10-2023, 07:59 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]People were questioning why would he go to a small club in Belgium. Well now we know why

They are owned by Tony Bloom
(06-10-2023, 05:22 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I remember reading he randomly turned up at some kids football training in the Portsmouth area, took them through some drills and then signed anything they wanted signing afterwards. A real top bloke who took nothing for granted and was happy to share his time and football knowledge with the next generation. I wish him all the best, top bloke

Pompey were cancelled and he put a note on facebook asking for something to do I think.
I remember being at the Doncaster game at home as our automatic promotion bid was faltering in the 18/19 season. What Whatmough came off injured (as per), Burgess came on to a collective groan and there was immediately a mixup between him and the keeper and they scored. He did well after that to get established as a top league one defender. He seems like a real nice guy.
Great to see him doing well
I remember him sitting with the Pompey supporters at MK Dons a few years back - think he'd been suspended. Genuinely good bloke .