TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Best result of the season so far??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought today's game against PV told us a lot about this Pompey team.

Plenty of enforced changes due to injuries and suspensions, and another 3 game week in what has seemed like a pretty relentless fixture list.

First half we clearly struggled, lacking in creativity and rhythm, and were fortunate to go in level at HT.

Given everything I reckon most of us would have taken a point at 45 minutes, but then somehow we looked much much better second half and after the goals we controlled the game comfortably.

So all things considered, I'd say this was our best result of the season so far!
Really good to hang in there and then come back to win, pretty easily in the end.
As regards relentless fixtures, drop the international breaks and that would be far less of a problem.
It's certainly up there with the Barnsley result due to the lack of first teamers available and the 3 game week. 

2 weeks for ogilvie to get back fit now.
A statement win. Good times are back
Fortress Fratton, like the olden days?
Even our manager said we were poor and lack lustre first half.
Also said Vale were aggressive and thought they wouldn't maintain that level
The interesting stat that half 9 fouls to 1 to Vale.  Said a lot.
Talked about the difference between us and Vale last week.  Two home games for us and Vale, two long distance away games.
Quite rightly, a bit of honesty, but not over the top with the criticism.  Never blamed our injuries or banned players. 
He praised the players who came in, especially Raggett who could have come off with two goals.

Very impressed with our manager.     

Second half, tweak   Big Grin 

Different story, got stuck in, moved the ball quicker and attacked with purpose.
Bishop on fire at the moment.  When we got the penalty, there wasn't any doubt where it was going.

Still early days with some bumps in the road to come but, we do seem to have a very good squad of capable players, all pulling in the right direction.  PUP!
very good squad indeed
might come down to what happens in an
Do we keep the loans?
Do we strengthen in some useful way (as per signing Dillon to take the pens and improving the midfield all those years ago)
A clean sheet!!!
Barnsley and Derby are highlights among many. Both places we wouldn’t over the last few have expected much. We haven’t seen the best of this Pompey squad, it is still developing and I’m thinking we are going to get even stronger if we avoid injuries to key players. Championship here we come.