TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Season quarter point review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-10-2023, 04:52 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of promising youngsters, anyone know how Haji is doing? I'm guessing no news is good news?

There are regular updates on loan players on the official site.
Scored a goal, seems to start regularly and has only had one yellow card so far, I think. In general pretty good.
As Mouse pointed out, if you want to make it into the first team, you had best be just about the best player in the team at that level.
(08-10-2023, 01:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2023, 12:26 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2023, 10:55 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed ... he has a difficult enough job keeping good players happy as it is without adding to them. 

Maybe loan cover for any injuries that we have at the time ?

And maybe recall HJW from Havant & Waterlooville, not sure that playing in a struggling side is the sort of experience he needs at the moment.

When HJW went on loan ro H&W JM stated that he needed to "start dominating at that level". 

Tom Mehew who started for H & W  is similar in stature played an hour,  then HJW  came on - a few neat passes but looks lightweight in mens football - could be a late developer but this looks his level atm.

Also we have enough attacking midfielders without HJW  - it is up to him to force his way in to a starting spot at H&W & do as JM requires.

He didn't look lightweight when he played against Accrington, in fact he dominated in the battle with Tommy Leigh. 
But I think a relegation battle at level 6 is unlikely to be something that will play to his strengths, he is unlikely to dominate in games when it's all about physicality and hoofball - he is too cultured a passer for that. I thought it was a mistake when he went back to Havant after not being a great success there the first time, unless being local means he can continue training at Pompey ? 

Personally I would recall him, unless Havant suddenly start winning and playing better football.

He needs to play football though and he won’t do that with us this season.
If he can’t force his way into a Havant side, he’s not going to make it at Pompey.
(08-10-2023, 04:54 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2023, 04:52 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of promising youngsters, anyone know how Haji is doing? I'm guessing no news is good news?

There are regular updates on loan players on the official site.

The latest is there now.
Pages: 1 2