TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: League One manager of the month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We don't want it. It's a jinx!
(12-10-2023, 09:09 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]We don't want it. It's a jinx!

Yes we do and we want it every single month until June.
Can't we wait and give him manager of the season in June?
No, we’re not scummers and we want to win everything possible.
can you put a bet on that the unbeaten run will end on the day when he is presented with a manager trophy?
(12-10-2023, 09:09 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]We don't want it. It's a jinx!

Well technically he should be barred from winning the "manager of the month" award anyway coz he's the head coach and not the manager.

And I'll continue to maintain this pedantic stance until they bring back the "man of the match" term instead of the insanely PC "player of the match" phrase that's come from nowhere. I mean there are literally no other gender can win that award in the men's game!
until some 6 foot gorilla turns up to play in the womens' teams, then they declare the men's game as an "open" competition
Lucky they won't be able to lose tomorrow.
I heard his interview on the EFL podcast (featuring David Prutton?) and he speaks very well. I was worried afterthought Oxford draw last season when he called it a really good game etc as he seemed to be displaying Kenny Jackett style "good way to lose" delusion. But the more I think about that, the more I think he was just trying to keep those players on side until the end of the season knowing many of them would be naffing off at the end of the season.
He won, fully deserved.
He's good enough to beat the jinx!!
What Jinx?
Who needs Mourinho
We’ve got Mousinho
Congrats to him and the whole club who without, he wouldn't have got it.
It's a club recognition, long may it continue.
(13-10-2023, 06:38 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I heard his interview on the EFL podcast (featuring David Prutton?) and he speaks very well. I was worried afterthought Oxford draw last season when he called it a really good game etc as he seemed to be displaying Kenny Jackett style "good way to lose" delusion. But the more I think about that, the more I think he was just trying to keep those players on side until the end of the season knowing many of them would be naffing off at the end of the season.

I think he must had some sort of media training from then because he comes across so much better this season. Unless it’s just experience.