TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jay Minghi - what a tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
High hopes of going to Charlton and ended up at Colchester instead!!
Overinflated view of one self, a shit advisor, poor attitude and a waste of talent with little or zero application.
And to think we wanted him to stay!! Laughable thought now really.
Col Utd have lost 5 out of 6 matches recently, languish near the bottom and after two yellows for Jay yesterday, were thumped by a team who hadn't won in 6 and resided bottom of the league in Forest Green Rovers 5-0!
Have fun Jay!
Know him do you?
He must be considering getting a new agent.
Having helped him swap a 3 year contract in a promotion chasing team for quite possibly dropping out of the league.
(15-10-2023, 03:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He must be considering getting a new agent.
Having helped him swap a 3 year contract in a promotion chasing team for quite possibly dropping out of the league.
He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, mediocre at best, glad he is no longer here
I thought he showed more promise than his current position suggests. Pompey obviously agreed because they did offer him that contract.

I don’t think we’ll miss him though.
(15-10-2023, 04:21 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he showed more promise than his current position suggests. Pompey obviously agreed because they did offer him that contract.

I don’t think we’ll miss him though.

Didn't we offer a contract so that it meant we got a fee if he signed for another team?
We offered him a contract so that we would get compo. 

It's an open secret that Jay was a bad apple with a poor attitude, which is quite possibly the reason why all the other clubs called off their interest. 

He has the potential to be a fantastic player but needs his attitude to do a 180. Exacerbated by his massive coont of an agent. 

Hes exactly where he deserves to be. He now needs to fight for his career.
Wouldn’t giving him a contract potentially cost more than any fee we received? That sounds a risky ploy if no one comes in for the player, or am I missing something here?
(15-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn’t giving him a contract potentially cost more than any fee we received? That sounds a risky ploy if no one comes in for the player, or am I missing something here?

maybe
seeing how switched on Hughes has been, I suspect the contract was not exactly generous.
He's going to have a great future behind him one day.
(16-10-2023, 12:29 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]He's going to have a great future behind him one day.

Would be nice for him. If he gets good advice. Rolleyes
He wanted to play football and he’s doing just that so I imagine he’s OK. I’ve not seen the footage but 2 yellow cards in the current refereeing climate isn’t disastrous.

I don’t get the hatred for him.
Oh I do. Infallible Pompey, how very dare he - lol
(16-10-2023, 08:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]He wanted to play football and he’s doing just that so I imagine he’s OK. I’ve not seen the footage but 2 yellow cards in the current refereeing climate isn’t disastrous.

I don’t get the hatred for him.

Online we do hatred very well, sadly.
I’ve never liked you, or your mate.
Well said Cunning!
It's a discussion, there is not 'hate'!
He made a wrong call for his footballing future, whether that was him personally or his 'agent'. He would have been better off here but he went from Charlton to bottom 3 of league 2 after being touted as an upcoming lad. It's a shame. The discussion is there and there alone.
I’m sure there are plenty of young players who make wrong turns in their careers, Mingi is just one of them. It’s a competitive world and not everyone is going to make it, for whatever reason.
It’s not necessarily the end of his career but he’s going to have to work hard to retrieve it.
If we don't care, why are we so bitter about it?
(18-10-2023, 08:11 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we don't care, why are we so bitter about it?

That is a question that often needs asking

About the lot down the road too!
(18-10-2023, 09:24 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-10-2023, 08:11 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we don't care, why are we so bitter about it?

That is a question that often needs asking

About the lot down the road too!
Exactly. I couldn't care less about the lot down the road, so don't hate them (or anyone else) which is why I don't join in with the " if you all hate summers..." song.
Summers, lol
(18-10-2023, 01:50 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Summers, lol
Big Grin
More of a winter man myself Big Grin
Bloody predictive text, eh?

Actually, I’ve used the word so many times, it automatically adds a c when I talk about the warmer season.
A talented young player who unfortunately lost his way. He looked to have it all as a box to box midfielder. Had a couple of excellent games including Charlton away shown on Sky. He went on a couple of great surging runs & really looked the business. A lot of people thought who is this kid & why was he not playing more regularly. But as with a lot of young players inconsistency was the problem.

As I remember cowley didn't want to play him regularly then he got injured. His contract came up for renewal was offered a new one but not on the terms he & his agent wanted. His agent then told him he could get him a better contract at Charlton without getting a firm offer.

That fell through & no other Div 1 or Championship offers so ended up at Colchester. He's appears to have received bad advice from his agent or he ignored the advice we will never know. But he's still young & if he can shine where he is he may be able to move in January.