TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Do we really want a run in the FA Cup??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tricky one isn't it?

In days gone by every supporter dreamed of a good run in the FA Cup, and whereas 2008 and 2010 will go down in Pompey history, I wonder if this season we really want a run in the competition just as we're setting ourselves up nicely for a real go at promotion?

Can't decide if it would be a good thing or bad??
It’d be great.
Yes, but wouldn't lose any sleep if we didn't.
Just as long as we don't lose to Cook's lot.
Nope, not tricky at all.

We want a run in the FA Cup.

Quite apart from being the greatest cup competition in the world, we have a big squad and it will help keep them all match fit.
Agreed Gaffer, this match seems nailed on for live TV coverage so, first and last, we certainly don't want to be embarrassed.
And, it has certainly been evidenced that John M can rotate the squad and still field a very capable side - we just need to keep the team winning
I’d like to reach the 3rd round and draw a premiership team ( or scum) at FP.
I’d be happy to progress further but not at the expense of promotion.
I want a cup run. It's a great sign of a club on the up and we've got some pedigree in this and there is some feelgood factor around. We went out of the league cup pretty swiftly and I think we have the squad to cope with a bit of a cup run too.
Ditto from me.
In the FA cup, yes please. In the pisspot trophy, no thanks. 

If you get too far in the cup, players don't want to get injured before the big game and tackles get missed and results can slip.
(16-10-2023, 02:17 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]In the FA cup, yes please. In the pisspot trophy, no thanks. 

If you get too far in the cup, players don't want to get injured before the big game and tackles get missed and results can slip.

Quite happy to go further in the pisspot trophy as long as it only involves non-first teamers.
As long as we have the depth of squad, yes please.
Make a million or so now and we will get a lot better value than Kenny managed when he made himself a fighting fund from cup runs.
Want to draw the scum. Couldn't give a toss which end. Best time to get that lot
I want Pompey to win every game they play and every competition they play in. Wanting and happening are worlds apart.
(17-10-2023, 11:41 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]I want Pompey to win every game they play and every competition they play in. Wanting and happening are worlds apart.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!