TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Carlisle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(21-10-2023, 08:05 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-10-2023, 07:57 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hope it doesn't get rained off.

Absolutely batterring it down in Bognor.

Not raining at the moment in north end

Thank you.

Touch wood will be alright.
Yep, it's eased right off now.
'Blue' appearing.
The forecast is for showers, not unusual in October.
The drainage at FP is pretty good these days. Unless we get torrential rain for several hours leading up to the game I will be very surprised if the game doesn't go ahead.
(20-10-2023, 02:41 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]I went to a random game at Carlisle once, while on a family holiday in the Lake District. They were playing Birmingham and Tony, yes Tony Hateley was playing for Brum. That dates it a bit.

My random game at Carlisle was at home to Manchester City in Carlisle's one season in the proper First Division, in 1974.  A goalless draw.  Seems incredible they could have played City at that level, though maybe no more surprising than Bournemouth or Brentford these days.  On today's game, I can't help but think that when we do lose for the first time, it will be against someone unfancied, such as Carlisle.  The key thing will be not to lose a second game straightaway, in my view.
(21-10-2023, 10:20 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]The drainage at FP is pretty good these days. Unless we get torrential rain for several hours leading up to the game I will be very surprised if the game doesn't go ahead.

Forecasting a real downpour about 4pm, might make the 2nd half a bit of a lottery
That's where good teams and captains adjust their game plan on the pitch, not the best time to play out from the back.

Just seen their kit on the pre match thing. Yeeeeughghh
Holy sheeeeeeeet what a final few mins in both games at the top. A Mendes moment?
Having watched us slipping all over the place, perhaps we might consider leaving the sprinklers off on days like this? But Shaugnessy can make a habit of this if he likes!
Why do players not wear studs in their boots these days? It's not just Pompey this happens to.
Agreed except it seemed to be only Pompey players today. Carlisle mostly stayed on their feet apart from pretending to be injured every 10 seconds towards the end!
Sign of a good team, finding a way to win after playing no better than average. Getting increasingly impressed with JM. His interview with Andy Moon was spot-on.
Strange match that was.

First half we played well until it came to scoring - some poor shooting and relectance to shoot for some reason.

Second half we were poor - pretty dire for last 20 minutes.

Kamara was absolutely terrible all game - it was like we were down to 10 men with the other guys seemingly chosing other options rather that passing to him. Literally couldn't do anything right. Think he's suffering from low morale.

Should have been pulled instead of Lane who was good as usual.

The defence for the most part were solid and lets not forget Norris' save late on. He was excellent all game.

Morell was good - he is a silky player.

We should have killed the game first half but didn't - credit has to go to Carlisle too for hanging in there first half then being the better team in the second.

Their fans were good I thought.

We suddenly put a few moves together right at the end and got the winner - sign of a good team!

That will boost their morale no end.

Not the best performance but we move on.

PUP!
Yes definitely a strange one. If we'd taken those first half opportunities, we'd be talking about a strong performance from a team that just blew Carlisle away. As it happened it became an insipid affair second half. Just need that clinical edge back again. The subs usually make an impact too but none of them really did today. A game where nothing Mousinho did seemed to change the momentum either which has also been rare.

Anjorin will benefit from another 50 odd minutes or so in the legs. He looked really good in the first 20 or so. Against Cambridge there might be some value in swapping him and Robertson around just to have a look at it. I see a future where Tino is a deeper lying player.
Pages: 1 2