TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: OUFC New Stadium Video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks to everyone who took time to do the survey. 

Video of our proposed new stadium can be seen here?
https://oufcstadium.co.uk

Once again, cheers.
Cracking stadium.
Smart
Looks Great! I wonder what the capacity is going to be & the building cost?
Looks to be a 25,000 seater with scope to add additional tiers when Oxford reach the Champions League
(20-10-2023, 11:41 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks Great! I wonder what the capacity is going to be & the building cost?

It's a 16,000 capacity stadium , costing around £100m.
(20-10-2023, 12:27 PM)Yellow Fred Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2023, 11:41 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks Great! I wonder what the capacity is going to be & the building cost?

It's a 16,000 capacity stadium , costing around £100m.

It looks like a new stadium, nothing special but it will be an improvement on the current one.

I prefer old stadiums but of course Oxford don’t have a choice do they? Anything is an improvement on the old Manor Ground that’s for sure.
£100M is not a small amount. Wonder how it is being funded and what the expected returns are on that. Presumably its going to be multi purpose.

Makes our £40-50M for a new North Stand seem like a bargain. Shame we can't afford a couple hundred k for the bridge though.
(20-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]£100M is not a small amount. Wonder how it is being funded and what the expected returns are on that. Presumably its going to be multi purpose.

Makes our £40-50M for a new North Stand seem like a bargain. Shame we can't afford a couple hundred k for the bridge though.

I don't really know why it is costing so much as I believe we have the same architects as Brentford whose stadium cost £71m and holds 17,500. I know it's on a bigger footprint than Brentfords stadium so I guess it must be all the extra park work perhaps.
Just had a look at some photos of the Old Manor Ground, bloody hell I had to do a double take. Looked familiar...
(20-10-2023, 01:55 PM)Yellow Fred Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]£100M is not a small amount. Wonder how it is being funded and what the expected returns are on that. Presumably its going to be multi purpose.

I don't really know why it is costing so much as I believe we have the same architects as Brentford whose stadium cost £71m and holds 17,500. I know it's on a bigger footprint than Brentfords stadium so I guess it must be all the extra park work perhaps.

I suppose we had the advantage in that we own the land we're building upon. Both Brentford and Oxford will have or had to buy the land and pay the bungs that are needed when you're not a top 4 club. Nice having a picture (we've had a few over the years) but Oxford will find it tough finding the land - especially near the city coz the university owns a lot of it. The link didn't mention anything about a location.
(21-10-2023, 09:44 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-10-2023, 01:55 PM)Yellow Fred Wrote: [ -> ]

I suppose we had the advantage in that we own the land we're building upon. Both Brentford and Oxford will have or had to buy the land and pay the bungs that are needed when you're not a top 4 club. Nice having a picture (we've had a few over the years) but Oxford will find it tough finding the land - especially near the city coz the university owns a lot of it. The link didn't mention anything about a location.

They've already got the location - the Triangle, south of Kidlington, announced as part of the plans. Being leased to them by the council.
As mentioned above. We already have the land. It is at 'the triangle' south of Kidlington and right next door to Oxford Parkway train station, which will be really convenient for away supporters. The land has already been named Oxford United community stadium on Google maps.

[img] https://ibb.co/CPVhDMH [/img]
(21-10-2023, 12:09 PM)Yellow Fred Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned above. We already have the land. It is at 'the triangle' south of Kidlington and right next door to Oxford Parkway train station, which will be really convenient for away supporters. The land has already been named Oxford United community stadium on Google maps.

[Image: CPVhDMH]

In the long run, clubs do need to look hard at how fans arrive.
I used to love going on the football special trains. Would be nice to see them make a come back, maybe something the governments should look at rather than huge vanity projects. All the rolling stock sits mostly unused at weekends.
We are lucky to have a station very close, a bit decrepit but with the work the club and council are asking for, could be a really good way to get to the ground.