TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shaughnessy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Shock"nessy or "Sure"nessy it makes no odds:he's cocksure for certain.
We had a great view of that header. Absolutely text book!
Raggett must be really hacked off that he is not there getting on the end of those corners!
He's been arguably our signing of the summer if you look at expectations when he signed vs what he has delivered. As well as the defensive excellence, he is a goal threat from set pieces that I worried we would miss out from with Raggett not being a starter. He has scored two goals but has also had two more pinched off him by Poole and Towler respectively.

He could even find himself getting an international callup at this rate.
Raggett is a bit of a 50 pence head in front of goal. Always seemed to miss a lot. Wouldn’t mind betting that old Nessy has a better conversion rate than Raggett.
Another good selection problem for Mouse to have!
The amount of first time headers he wins defensively as well.

For me he is better then Poole and I didn't think that would be the case at the start of the season.....

And that's not taking anything away from Poole as he has been outstanding also.
With you on that one.
We have two great centre backs. Shrewsbury thought Shaughnessy an 'okay' player but nothing special.
Many of us took our leads from opposition fans. Only Lincoln's fans were annoyed at Poole whom they thought, would be going to the championship. (Well I think he is).
A dozen or so games in and the lad is undroppable and from corners in the last minute, unstoppable!
It's been a long time since we've had a really good defence. Now we do
Shrewsbury fans could only have seen him twice last season, Burton fans on the other hand.....
Ireland’s next euro qualifier is Netherlands away.

He may have a chance of a run out as the best result for Ireland is a Dutch win as it frees up another play off spot.

https://talksport.com/football/1603374/r...euro-2024/
Don't know what possessed me to put shrewsbury rather than Burton.
It's my age, I'm getting on now!