TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Todays ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It must have been difficult out there in those conditions but that was the worst performance of the season IMO ... or at least equal to Cheltenham . We just got worse as the game went on and I really though the unbeaten record was on the line in the last 10 mins.  

Norris 8 Brilliant save near the end at  time when Carlisle looked like the only team likely to score. 
Rafferty 6 Did not create anything today although solid enough defensively 
Poole 7 Class act as ever
Shaughnessy 8 He was a solid seven for 92 minutes.....
Sparkes 8 MOTM for me, his crosses deserved better finishing
Morrell 7  Maybe 8, he kept the team going and is very consistent at the moment. 
Robertson 7 Classy as ever, but needs to provide more end product
Lane 5 A bit of an off day
Bishop 5 Missed an easy hat trick in the first half and put pressure on the team as a result. 
Kamara 5 Did OK for the first half 20 mins but faded badly after that, and was awful when moved to the right

Saydee 5 No impact today 
Yengi 5 Ditto

Mousinho 5  Got lucky today, but dontcha love having a lucky manager ! His substitutions seemed to make things worse and was tactically outthought by Carlisle who were a poor team in the first half but got better as soon as they came out for the second half.

I actually felt sorry for the Carlisle fans at the end, coming all that way for a kick in the teeth like that.
I'd agree with that generally speaking.

Kamara I'd give a 4 at best personally.

Sparkes is getting better each game.
(21-10-2023, 06:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It must have been difficult out there in those conditions but that was the worst performance of the season IMO ... or at least equal to Cheltenham . We just got worse as the game went on and I really though the unbeaten record was on the line in the last 10 mins.  

Norris 8 Brilliant save near the end at  time when Carlisle looked like the only team likely to score. 
Morrell 7  Maybe 8, he kept the team going and is very consistent at the moment. 
Bishop 5 Missed an easy hat trick in the first half and put pressure on the team as a result. 
Kamara 5 Did OK for the first half 20 mins but faded badly after that, and was awful when moved to the right

Saydee 5 No impact today 
Yengi 5 Ditto

Mousinho 5  Got lucky today, but dontcha love having a lucky manager ! His substitutions seemed to make things worse and was tactically outthought by Carlisle who were a poor team in the first half but got better as soon as they came out for the second half.

I actually felt sorry for the Carlisle fans at the end, coming all that way for a kick in the teeth like that.

Didn’t rate Tino today Deep ?. I thought he was a 6.
The lack of end product from Robertson has been a problem all season. It is something the coaches should be working on and something that we should see improving through time, but.....
Agreed pretty much with all those. Tino ineffective I thought… 5 and Kamara really poor 4 but everyone has days like that.
(21-10-2023, 07:20 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-10-2023, 06:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It must have been difficult out there in those conditions but that was the worst performance of the season IMO ... or at least equal to Cheltenham . We just got worse as the game went on and I really though the unbeaten record was on the line in the last 10 mins.  

Saydee 5 No impact today 
Yengi 5 Ditto

Didn’t rate Tino today Deep ?. I thought he was a 6.
Agree with most of those scores, but I thought JM got his subs right in principle, it's what most of us wanted. It didn't work out, but that's life. Personally I would have taken Bishop off after 60-70 mins. He's obviously the main man, but it was just one of those days for him, and he could have stayed on the pitch until midnight and still not have scored. He'll be back on form next week :-)
Deleted Tino Anjorin line somehow....I gave him a 6, good when we've got the ball but stands and watches too often when we lose it.
Robertson is doing a good job playing deeper, but we miss him further up as Tino is still learning to knit things together.
Glad to see the comment "we all have one of those days" as Kamara did, but so did most of the front line as the goal got closer.
I'd add a few.
Whoever decided to put the sprinkler on before kick off. zero.
Sparkes. minus 2 from his 8 for the way he harangued Kamara rather than helping him.
As Saydee and Yengee could not affect the game, probably need to be "kind" to the rest of the team and give Carlisle an awful lot of credit.

We could always give the back line an extra point each for such an important clean sheet?

Next game.
Stevenson in, Robertson up.
Ogilvie in, Sparkes up.
Kamara let him go home (presumably near Norwich) to have a day or two at home and meet us at Cambridge to come off the bench.
(21-10-2023, 08:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Robertson is doing a good job playing deeper, but we miss him further up as Tino is still learning to knit things together.
Glad to see the comment "we all have one of those days" as Kamara did, but so did most of the front line as the goal got closer.
I'd add a few.
Sparkes. minus 2 from his 8 for the way he harangued Kamara rather than helping him.
As Saydee and Yengee could not affect the game, probably need to be "kind" to the rest of the team and give Carlisle an awful lot of credit.

We could always give the back line an extra point each for such an important clean sheet?

Next game.
Ogilvie in, Sparkes up.
Kamara let him go home (presumably near Norwich) to have a day or two at home and meet us at Cambridge to come off the bench.

Kamara I think does need to be bollocked on the pitch every so often. I was at the Wigan game and their goal came partly from him coming to press for absolutely no reason when Bishop was gesticulating for him to drop back. Left us exposed. I suspect he wouldn't have started today without the Whyte illness but he's young and raw.
(21-10-2023, 08:42 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-10-2023, 08:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Robertson is doing a good job playing deeper, but we miss him further up as Tino is still learning to knit things together.
I'd add a few.

Next game.
Ogilvie in, Sparkes up.

Kamara I think does need to be bollocked on the pitch every so often. I was at the Wigan game and their goal came partly from him coming to press for absolutely no reason when Bishop was gesticulating for him to drop back. Left us exposed. I suspect he wouldn't have started today without the Whyte illness but he's young and raw.

Sparkes had a go at Kamara at about 20 mins because he didn’t go wide and just stood by the defender marking him when sparkes was looking for him to run down the wing.

That looked to drain the confidence out of the lad. Then near the end of the game Kamara was in space and no one would pass to him.
(22-10-2023, 08:25 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-10-2023, 08:42 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
I'd add a few.

Next game.
Ogilvie in, Sparkes up.

Sparkes had a go at Kamara at about 20 mins because he didn’t go wide and just stood by the defender marking him when sparkes was looking for him to run down the wing.

That looked to drain the confidence out of the lad. Then near the end of the game Kamara was in space and no one would pass to him.

All that's true of course. But I also remember him losing the ball up at their goal end and then going back like a bat out of hell the length of the pitch to make the tackle after giving the other guy a 5 years start. He just needs a bit more time, but maybe never more than 60 mins. We should remember too that he's not out player.
Indeed, he's not our player but of the three loans we have got he is the one we are most likely to be able to sign if we want to.
There’s absolutely no chance of getting Robertson lol, not sure I’d want Kamara permanently, he’s only getting game time due to Scully’s injury.
If he was our own and playing like he does at 19 we would be more than happy.
Bearing in mind that Mingi is 21 (?) and not ripping up the national league.
(22-10-2023, 03:19 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]If he was our own and playing like he does at 19 we would be more than happy.
Bearing in mind that Mingi is 21 (?) and not ripping up the national league.

Not ours.
League 2.

But I'm the simple one.
wrong name
mnoga/Mngoa (the News spelt that differently in the same report)
I got the M right

21, playing in the national league.

As our first team improves, we need the academy to produce players of increasing quality. Else we will have to look elsewhere and loan before we buy sort of thing.
(22-10-2023, 03:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]wrong name
I got the M right

As our first team improves, we need the academy to produce players of increasing quality. Else we will have to look elsewhere and loan before we buy sort of thing.

Centre halves rarely get rated as 'ripping up the league'. But Mnoga is getting very favourable reports for his performances for Aldershot, like he did there last season, and for us in pre-season.
(22-10-2023, 03:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-10-2023, 03:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]wrong name
I got the M right

Centre halves rarely get rated as 'ripping up the league'. But Mnoga is getting very favourable reports for his performances for Aldershot, like he did there last season, and for us in pre-season.

Hope it works through for him, he learned some hard lessons last season and seemed a real prospect earlier than that. This team will be really hard to break into so being on loan seems the best thing. Whether that will lead us to extend his contract, especially if we end up in the Champ, who knows.