TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: RIP Bobby Charlton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1. Growing up in the late 60s Bobby Charlton was the epitome of what football meant,everybody's hero. I met him outside bilbaos ground at the 82 world cup. I'd had a few had my photo taken with him and as I walked away he called me back and said you behave yourself, I said I will Bobby. A tear has been shed today
(22-10-2023, 08:17 AM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. Growing up in the late 60s Bobby Charlton was the epitome of what football meant,everybody's hero. I met him outside bilbaos ground at the 82 world cup. I'd had a few had my photo taken with him and as I walked away he called me back and said you behave yourself, I said I will Bobby. A tear has been shed today
True for many of us for sure.
Still had a sweet shot on him well into old age as anyone who attended one his soccer school back in the day will attest.
I'll never forget Sir Alf  subbing him in the 1970 world (after we were 2-0 up) which led to Germany beating  us 3-2

Deebo

“They don’t make em like that anymore” was written for Sir Bobby. My favourite England player of all time.
A wonderful player and a really good guy. Not many ever like him. RIP

Deebo

Get in there Sir Bobs. King of the Combover and not a pen in sight.
(23-10-2023, 10:09 AM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/er_rTB4Q3ys?si=DqceeZvBKzm0Ke7l

From last to first.

And with a ball that's heavier than the balloons they play with today  Big Grin