TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How does it feel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never left a game early, so I was interested to know how it feels, to leave five minutes before the end of a game, to hear a roar from FP indicating a goal that wins the game for Pompey, at the death. Admittedly, on Saturday, I thought that people leaving early were calling it right, as I couldn't see a goal coming, either. When the corner was given, a despairing comment from behind was, well this is the last chance.
Never left a game early. The only goals I've missed were the home game against Plymouth in the playoffs. 

There were a lot of mixed emotions by missing TWO goals FFS. SO MANY MORONS NOT ABLE TO USE A BARCODE FFS.

I'm over it now though Tongue
Of course, this may be the wrong forum for people leaving early.
Barcode, so simple,
Turnstile dance, confusion reigns,
No abattoir fear.
For my sins I am a serial early game leaver, and yes, I have missed a couple of quality moments. The price of getting to the  bar early......
I've left one game early in ten years.

Stay to the end - especially this team!

I've got no sympathy for them - they'd argue its their choice, which it is I suppose.

I can't imagine the players are too keen on it.

Stay and back the team.

If you're that worried about the traffic then don't go.
I remember going to Hendon many moons ago, we left early at half time for the bar and then late back, and left early at full time to get back in the bar. The game finished 2-2 and we only saw one goal.
Last game I left early was Bury away. We were 4-2down. Then we heard the pompey fans cheering. 
Twice!!
I’ve never understood leaving early, unless there is an actual family emergency or something of course.

Paying to see a match then leaving the arena early to get a pie or a pint (something you can do any fucking time) just seems plain daft  Big Grin .

Each to their own of course.
(24-10-2023, 09:50 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never understood leaving early, unless there is an actual family emergency or something of course.

Paying to see a match then leaving the arena early to get a pie or a pint (something you can do any fucking time) just seems plain daft  Big Grin .

Each to their own of course.

Agreed, and the same applies to people who deliberately arrive late just to spend more time in the pub.
I missed Readings first goal in the 7-4 game because I really needed a piss. Not really a problem though I saw the other 10 hit the net.
(24-10-2023, 10:11 AM)RavoPFC Wrote: [ -> ]I missed Readings first goal in the 7-4 game because I really needed a piss. Not really a problem though I saw the other 10 hit the net.
Apologies Ravo quoted wrong post.
Some come from far afield using public transport. Bloke I sit next to travels from Reading. If he misses his train it means a far longer journey. So he leaves around 85 mins.
Pretty simple explanation really why some leave early....
(24-10-2023, 12:02 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2023, 10:11 AM)RavoPFC Wrote: [ -> ]I missed Readings first goal in the 7-4 game because I really needed a piss. Not really a problem though I saw the other 10 hit the net.
Some come from far afield using public transport. Bloke I sit next to travels from Reading. If he misses his train it means a far longer journey. So he leaves around 85 mins.

Tell him there is another train to Reading at 17.31 ...no need to leave early to catch that, and its a quicker journey than the 17.08 which he presumably leaves early to catch.
(24-10-2023, 01:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2023, 12:02 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]

Tell him there is another train to Reading at 17.31 ...no need to leave early to catch that, and its a quicker journey than the 17.08 which he presumably leaves early to catch.

I'll tell him what you said but tbh I think you're dramatically oversimplifying on why people shouldn't leave early. I used one example there are bound to be loads more where people HAVE to leave early. 
We dont all have to abide by the world according to DeepBlue after all. lol.  Big Grin
One time I wished I had left early. At the old Manor Ground, that long walk back to the station, midweek.
Rushed to get tot the station, then the police put us on the wrong train (ie any train that turned up, to get us off their patch)
Ended up stranded somewhere, Alton I think, til the milk train. With 50p in my pocket!