TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting this one because I think Mousinho may make a change or two tonight but no change in terms of the overall tactical approach. Why would you?!!
From his comments, with two away games in five days and our overall performance on Saturday, it seems likely to me that Ogilvy will be brought back into the side and Sparkes pushed forward with Kamara dropping to the bench. Injuries mean that any other options are pretty limited. I've heard him talking about rotation but that's for the big boys in the top flight and not really appropriate for our level... stick with what you know and make good use of the bench. He does that brilliantly but it'd be nice to see Swanson and Yengi get a decent run if the game situation allows it.
Sounds good. Kamara definitely needs a rest.
Reckon 1-2 to us with Bish back to his clinical best. 
Oxford, meanwhile, have a tricky one away to Wigan probably without Brannigan.
Let's create enough of a gap that's going to tide us over during our traditional lean Janaury.
Lean January?
Have you seen November?
Blackpool, that's going to be tough.
Oxford away is going to be tough
And Charlton. Only a couple of things in life are certain, death, taxes and Charlton getting 3 points from pompey!
November will see us as real contenders or really facing upto that we might not be as good as we think.
Oh, I agree Kamara needs a rest for a game.
I'm hoping Gavin Whyte is back as he was starting to show what he is capable of.
Yengi to get another run out for half an hour and ogilvie to give us defensive solidity on the left allowing Sparkes wand of a left foot to deliver crosses.
Totally agreed Kamara - a good player for us- but needs a rest. On Saturday when Yenghi came on and he came over to the right he looked gone - very tired, and tired mentally too - making the wrong decisions.

And.. if I might digress seemed to be the same problem with England v South Africa , mentally tired and made two bad decisions gifting penalties - shame.

However, importantly, back to tonight - on our way up there soon PUP !
(24-10-2023, 07:34 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I agree Kamara needs a rest for a game.
I'm hoping Gavin Whyte is back as he was starting to show what he is capable of.
Yengi to get another run out for half an hour and ogilvie to give us defensive solidity on the left allowing Sparkes wand of a left foot to deliver crosses.
Ogilvie, overlapping with Sparkes. Our two best crossers.

Me excited.
(24-10-2023, 10:54 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-10-2023, 07:34 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I agree Kamara needs a rest for a game.
Ogilvie, overlapping with Sparkes. Our two best crossers.

Me excited.

Mee too  Wink
Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly…
and later in the game bring on Kamara in front of Igilvie.
Sparkes was knackered towards the end on Saturday and Ogilvie seems better at encouraging rather than criticising.
(24-10-2023, 02:17 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and later in the game bring on Kamara in front of Igilvie.
Sparkes was knackered towards the end on Saturday and Ogilvie seems better at encouraging rather than criticising.

Nothing wrong with players having a go at each other when they do something wrong , that's how standards are maintained on the pitch. It should be encouraged, not criticised. 
It only becomes a problem when players do it when they are the ones who were really at fault, like Pitman having a go at Curtis for decent enough crosses that he didn't have the legs to get on the end of.
I reckon the same team as Saturday. Although if things are going well JM might experiment with bringing on Ogilvie for Kamara and then play Sparkes further up on the left with Ogs dropping back to FB.
Swanson, Ogilvie and Saydee in for Raff, Sparkes and Tino. Looks like Whyte is still poorly. Hopefully this lineup gets the job done.