TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scully
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is the lad doing?
Was his operation a success? And what's his rehab looking like?
Anyone in the know?
I seem to remember reading a few days ago that JM says he is on course doing gym rehab but realistically we are looking at Dec/ early New Year. Other people might have better info than me.!!
I reckon we'll get a left winger in in January, loan or otherwise, as I reckon Scully wont be really fit until Easter. Then with a new pre season under his belt he'll be good to go in the championship next season.
A mate spoke to him down at PFCHC (Roko) - he had a Meniscus Knee Operation - has just started swimming & cycling - hopes to be back match fit for Christmas/New Year.
(24-10-2023, 04:26 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon we'll get a left winger in in January, loan or otherwise, as I reckon Scully wont be really fit until Easter. Then with a new pre season under his belt he'll be good to go in the championship next season.

I reckon we all know who that will be
I’m not sure it’ll be Curtis, too much of a risk as he wouldn’t be match fit or ready. It’ll either be a loan or we buy a nipper with potential like Lane.
(25-10-2023, 07:14 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure it’ll be Curtis, too much of a risk as he wouldn’t be match fit or ready. It’ll either be a loan or we buy a nipper with potential like Lane.
Mousinho is doing a wonderful job and any errors of judgement on his part can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
But he 'll making a big mistake if he allows Curtis (an experienced, passionate goalscoring wide player) to slip away. He's exactly what we need at the moment...someone to compliment Bishop.
If he makes a full recovery it would be madness to let him go without first offering him a decent short-term contract so he can have the opportunity to prove what he can do playing in a stronger side.
I’m in the ‘yes’ camp for Curtis, assuming he is fit of course!!
(25-10-2023, 08:46 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2023, 07:14 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure it’ll be Curtis, too much of a risk as he wouldn’t be match fit or ready. It’ll either be a loan or we buy a nipper with potential like Lane.
Mousinho is doing a wonderful job and any errors of judgement on his part can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
But he 'll making a big mistake if he allows Curtis (an experienced, passionate goalscoring wide player) to slip away. He's exactly what we need at the moment...someone to compliment Bishop.
If he makes a full recovery it would be madness to let him go without first offering him a decent short-term contract so he can have the opportunity to prove what he can do playing in a stronger side.

PS 43 goals in 187 appearances speaks for itself. That's a better return than most modern strikers.
Known quantity coming into his prime years with a point to prove, a fighter's attitude, loyalty to repay and a record to extend. Yes yes and yes from me. It's a perfect marriage
(25-10-2023, 08:46 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]

Mousinho can have very little influence on what happens to Curtis.  He has given him every support to get through his injury and left the door open for a return to the club, but the players have  all the power - especially when they are out of contract.   Curtis will go wherever he can get the most money.
I’m not against Curtis returning, but there’s a huge difference between being fit and match fit, plus he hasn’t had a pre- season. By the time he’d become match fit it would probably be Easter, whereas we would need someone to hit the ground running in January./ February.
Reading the article today in Snooze it doesn't sound like there's any chance of him returning anyway.
(25-10-2023, 03:08 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the article today in Snooze it doesn't sound like there's any chance of him returning anyway.

No, it is clear that he has said he will be looking elsewhere. Only if nothing he fancies comes up would we have a chance of getting him back.
(25-10-2023, 02:52 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not against Curtis returning, but there’s a huge difference between being fit and match fit, plus he hasn’t had a pre- season. By the time he’d become match fit it would probably be Easter, whereas we would need someone to hit the ground running in January./ February.
I’m against Curtis returning if he plays like he did for the last two maybe three seasons. When we first signed him he was dynamite don’t get me wrong but every year we didn’t get promoted and he didn’t get his dream move to the Championship with Blackburn or Cardiff or whoever he steadily got worse and worse. Now to be honest I like the bloke and his enthusiasm but if he were to return I want to see the bloke who played for us when he first signed not the jaded shadow of himself he became later on. If he takes corners I also want those to be loads better than the overhit dross that he was serving up last time we had him on corner duties
We  have moved on since then. Hopefully he gets his move but I think he has played his last game for us. He was another player in a long list who thought he was far better than he actually was.
His corners were usually more like sideways goal kicks than corners but I won’t carry on any further with that as I genuinely like the bloke