TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight (Actual One)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Only consultation is Oxford losing 2-0
A point is a point, win at home draw away and all that.
On to Saturday and hope that Raffs and Ogilvie are fit to challenge for their place.
Yep if you can't get 3 points, get 1. But wing play is a concern.
(24-10-2023, 08:40 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Only consultation is Oxford losing 2-0

An away draw is never an awful result ... no consolation  needed.  But Oxford's defeat makes it an even better point.
Can't win them all. Still unbeaten, but the lack of goal threat is beginning to be a concern I think. Still no assists from Robertson (playing deeper role at moment of course) or Anjorin. Maybe expecting a little more from them? Missing Pack for sure. I still prefer Rafferty to Swanson on the right and I still think Kamara needs to be rested. Anyway.. top of the league and hoping for better Saturday.
Thought Kamara played quite well, but still needs to cross more. Lane very poor. Rest were OK, Norris bizarrely my MOTM for keeping us in it again.
Anjorin looks good, but the team maybe not so much when he is playing. But he looks to be getting fitter quickly.
Must admit, I'm not keen on three loans playing game in game out, all young and inexperienced. I'd prefer Roberston back in for Anjorin, him on from the bench and Stevenson alongside Morrell, playing Roberston deep, restricts his influence I think.
Disappointing. Pompey have to take their chances when they have so much possession. Important that Pompey get back on track on Saturday.
(24-10-2023, 08:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin looks good, but the team maybe not so much when he is playing. But he looks to be getting fitter quickly.
Must admit, I'm not keen on three loans playing game in game out, all young and inexperienced. I'd prefer Roberston back in for Anjorin, him on from the bench and Stevenson alongside Morrell, playing Roberston deep, restricts his influence I think.
I agree on Robertson, he's class without a doubt but needs to get a goal or assist under his belt. Would prefer Tino to start and then be replaced by Saydee rather than the other way round.
We really need to give Reading a good old fashioned tonking on Saturday - get Stevenson to partner Morrell & move Robertson to central attacking midfielder.
Good call that Hammie I reckon. Robertson pushed higher with Stevenson alongside Morrell.
Stevenson seems to be the unluckiest in the squad now, With him in and match fit it gives us a much more powerful attacking half of the team with more on the bench.
Not a disaster with Oxford losing but Bolton and Barnsley gained ground. The Ogilvie injury seems serious so in the EFL trophy and perhaps in the squad we will now have little choice but to utilise Demver Hume I feel.

We need Whyte back on Saturday as one of Lane or Kamara desperately need to be rested. I agree with the need to use Stevenson. That way Robertson and Anjorin can be swapped about a bit.
if we need a player, Hume should be put in the shop window, might even surprise Mouse and give us an extra option until January.
Ogilvie is a bit worrying as he is such a sound player, and we do need experience to help the youngters.
A goalless draw away to one of the minnows of this depressing league is disappointing but hardly the end of the world when you remain undefeated four points clear at the top of the  league nearly one third of the way through the season. So let's get things in perspective.
That's not to say that there isn't a developing problem
Like last year the injuries are beginning to stack up and that is starting to damage our tactical options and a positive threat up front especially when Bishop goes off the boil for a few games. The injury situation killed us last season and Mousinho and his staff have to make sure that we don't suffer a repeat this campaign despite having made such a fantastic start. What makes us so vulnerable fitness wise I really don't know but the loss of Pack is beginning to have an impact and the loss of Ogilvy tonight is very worrying. Richard Hughes had tried to make sure that we are covered in every position but now we look a little exposed. The injury list and the overall fitness of some of the younger players combined with the actual quality of some of the cover is a cause for some slowly growing concern. We have to hope that our manager has the answers because although the defence looks top drawer, despite the fact that Ogilvy is a better defender than Sparkes, we need Pack back and need our coaching staff to take the likes of Saydee, Kamara and one or two others to the next level to ensure promotion. Work to be done but for goodness sake keep calm.
(24-10-2023, 10:07 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]we will now have little choice but to utilise Demver Hume I feel

What about Liam Vincent?
It’s an away point and I feel it was more of a team underachievement rather than several individuals. We must get more shots on target especially considering the chances we create.
On a different note I can’t see what Anjorin offers and as for Kamara it’s not really his fault as I’m sure he wouldn’t be getting anywhere near the game time he has if Scully was fit.
Away again Saturday so let’s hope Ogs , Whyte and Rafferty are back and as mentioned , why not try Morrell and Stevenson and move Robertson up to 10.
Not at our best but, for me, I'm not going to criticise the team. We're not going to beat everyone and win every game.
3 pts would've been very nice, 1 is nice against a team who raised their game, put 11 players behind the ball and made it very difficult. Yeah sure, we failed to create much and break them down as expected, no doubt our manager will be looking at the reasons. Some credit goes to Cambridge for that. These teams, are going to make it very tough for us being top of the league, getting a result against us will give them confidence. We move on to Reading 4 pts clear unbeaten with every chance of getting a result. PUP!
Yes I think camridge did raise there game against us.
I hope they do the same against the other top teams. Rolleyes
(25-10-2023, 08:28 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I think camridge did raise there game against us.
I hope they do the same against the other top teams. Rolleyes

Indeed, hopefully they improve at it.  Tongue
I thought Cambridge played well and deserved a point.  A 0-0 against a team who played well on the pitch is not a disaster however much people think we should thrash them because of league positions. Football is not that simple.
Let’s not be harsh on the team. It was a very very good performance from Cambridge. I couldn’t see them keeping that up for 90 mins but they did and all credit to them. I never felt like they were going to beat us but I thought they were very good at stopping us.
Pages: 1 2