TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player Ratings Tonight (Cambridge)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My ratings for night:

Norris: 7. Another big save. Solid throughout.
Swanson: 6. Out fought a few times. Average.
Ogilvie: NA
Pool: 8. Bloke is absolute mustard! Every inch a Championship player.
Shaughnessy: 6.5. Decent.

Robertson: 6.5. Solid enough.
Lane: 5. His worst game that I can remember. Greedy with his long shots where other, better options were available. Passing & crossing poor.
Morrell: 6. Decent enough but yet another hot head moment which got him booked.
Saydee: 5. Yet to contribute in the last 3 games he's played for us.
Kamara: 5.5. Better than the weekend but still fairly ineffectual. Lad needs a rest. He has quality but is raw.
Bishop: 5.5. Ineffectual. Not much to work on mind you. His ruthlessness has just dropped a touch.

Subs:

Sparks: 5. Gave the ball away, gave fouls away and didn't contribute with his crossing ability. Poor.
Anjorin: 6. Average.
Yengi: NA

Ref: 5. Inconsistent and card happy.

I thought we were solid at the back but average to poor from midfield onwards.

We are starting to look a bit thin in quality in a few areas.
Maybe time to give some of the other squad players a bit more time?
Otherwise, why have them?
Saturday: Sparkes and Rafferty. Robertson behind Bishop, Stevenson for Anjorin. Whyte maybe?
If Whyte is fit I think he needs to come in as you suggest, just to rest some legs.
Kamara just keeps going but could do with a break toget some extra spark back now.

Depends a lot on what is wrong with Ogilvie?
(24-10-2023, 08:47 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]My ratings for night:

Lane: 5. His worst game that I can remember. Greedy with his long shots where other, better options were available. Passing & crossing poor.
Kamara: 5.5. Better than the weekend but still fairly ineffectual. Lad needs a rest. He has quality but is raw.
Bishop: 5.5. Ineffectual. Not much to work on mind you. His ruthlessness has just dropped a touch.

Subs:

Sparks: 5. Gave the ball away, gave fouls away and didn't contribute with his crossing ability. Poor.

Agree with most of those, but Norris kept us in it. What does a keeper have to do to get and 8?

Subs:

As regards looking thin
I think we have several who have never played week in week out for most of a season and that might be an issue at the mo, they need a break. Stevenson and Devlin could both do with a bit of a run.Stevenson to add some experience and give younger heads (more than bodies) a break, Devlin is another good youngster but looked interesting when he has come on to add fresh legs. At Reading it would seem unlikely that Anjorin will start given the comments about building his fitness. If Ogilvie is out for a while, Sparkes is going to be under a lot of pressure to defend and get forward for those assists.
All will be well when Pack gets back.
He'll fatten us up  Big Grin

Subs:

I thought that apart from Poole, Nessie and Norris, the rest didn't turn up. Swanson was awful. Kamara did his usual take one player on, lose out, and then promptly disappear from the entire match. Anjorin shits himself every time he gets near the penalty area. Morell's sole contribution to the game was to run 40 yards into a yellow card. What was the point of sticking Yengi on with six minutes of injury time left!?

I am not saying we can play great every game but from the start the players looked disinterested and we were lucky to be up against a shit team without a win in six and who had just lost to the bottom team. There was no urgency or rush to get the game going after a stoppage. The four point gap to Oxford will hide the fact that Blackpool and Barnsley are both flying. We have to play better, for longer periods, and actually use our pace more effectively.

The concern is the vast majority of our goals come from a decent cross. So if the opponent can defend the cross or we can't deliver one we're basically feeding off scraps because at the moment our shots on goal are Quashie-like. And Mousinho (dare I say it) doesn't seem to have a plan B and doesn't use the full bench. There's a real danger that just as Cowley's teams got found out, that Mousinho's could also suffer the same fate by Christmas. Mousinho does love his draws.

That was comfortably our worse 90 minutes this season and we didn't lose. Hopefully, it'll be different next game.
(25-10-2023, 09:28 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Subs:

I thought that apart from Poole, Nessie and Norris, the rest didn't turn up. Swanson was awful. Kamara did his usual take one player on, lose out, and then promptly disappear from the entire match. Anjorin shits himself every time he gets near the penalty area. Morell's sole contribution to the game was to run 40 yards into a yellow card. What was the point of sticking Yengi on with six minutes of injury time left!?

I am not saying we can play great every game but from the start the players looked disinterested and we were lucky to be up against a shit team without a win in six and who had just lost to the bottom team. There was no urgency or rush to get the game going after a stoppage. The four point gap to Oxford will hide the fact that Blackpool and Barnsley are both flying. We have to play better, for longer periods, and actually use our pace more effectively.

The concern is the vast majority of our goals come from a decent cross. So if the opponent can defend the cross or we can't deliver one we're basically feeding off scraps because at the moment our shots on goal are Quashie-like. And Mousinho (dare I say it) doesn't seem to have a plan B and doesn't use the full bench. There's a real danger that just as Cowley's teams got found out, that Mousinho's could also suffer the same fate by Christmas. Mousinho does love his draws.

That was comfortably our worse 90 minutes this season and we didn't lose. Hopefully, it'll be different next game.

I thought we were worse on Saturday than we were last night, and that Swanson had a decent enough game - he was constant threat when he came forward, which he did every time we had the ball.  

The only weaker links at the moment IMO are Lane & Kamara, both showing the effects of playing too many games. The sooner we can get Whyte & Scully in the team the better - they were signed to be first choice and if we can get them in form and in the team then we might start to look like a table-topping team all the time instead of just the 15 minutes or so we did last night at the start of the second half.
Frustrating result but still a point and a clean sheet on the road which is always welcome.

On another day we have 1 maybe 2 goals in the first half. Lane won the ball back on the edge of the box and if he hadn't slipped was through on goal. How Kamaras cross didn't go in I have no idea it managed to bounce along with line without hitting the goalkeeper. Then you've got a brilliant block on Bishop on the rebound. We also had a another blocked from going in when we had a corner which pinball ed around the box, the shot was heading in with the goalkeeper nowhere and I think it hit one of their players in the face and went out. Bishop 9 times out of 10 buries that header right at the end as well.

Aside from the save near the end Norris had little work to do, it's always nerve racking wheen the opposition gets a bit of possession and near our box but we were never actually in trouble.

Still unbeaten, still top. Long may it continue.
(25-10-2023, 08:36 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]All will be well when Pack gets back.
He'll fatten us up  Big Grin

Pack has only just started running outside on the grass - it will be another 3/4 weeks before he is match fat. Big Grin
If Swanson had rolled the ball across the 6 yard box it was a tap in for Kamara. Really poor decision.
I was concerned that the referee would produce a second yellow for Joe M, and I believe he was the same ref who sent him off for his high foot at FP. Ironic when one of their defenders raised a very high foot in their area towards the end of the game.

But, we must presume, and anticipate, that all teams will raise their game against the top sides ( us PFC) . We will not win every game however I enjoyed it, but the home support was embarrassing.

Subs:

The ref seemed to forget the new rules. Not once did he book their goalie for time wasting as he wasn't even looking at him and Stevens knew it. He failed to book players for standing over the ball at free kicks,failed to penalise several rugby tackles and fouls. Totally out of his depth.