TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Anjorin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-11-2023, 08:35 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Our wingers have generally been a disaster other than Lane, just think how good we'd be if we'd bought in some decent ones.

Should've kidnapped Lowe when Bournemouth tired of him. One the best Crossens of the ball in the lower leagues.
Indeed. He was quite quick, quite skilful, beat defenders, decent crosser and scored goals (at least at League 2 level). Compared to Whyte, Kamara, Dale, possibly Lane….
Lowe will be on big money plus little re-sale value so was always a no go.
I think we can count the number of quality wingers in this league on the fingers of one hand.

If the wing supply is going to be crap, so be it, for League 1 is also crap. As long as we blow teams through the middle and play Colby in to score I don't give a fuck what strip of grass we play the ball up.
(06-11-2023, 01:50 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can count the number of quality wingers in this league on the fingers of one hand.

If the wing supply is going to be crap, so be it, for League 1 is also crap. As long as we blow teams through the middle and play Colby in to score I don't give a fuck what strip of grass we play the ball up.

Our wing supply is so good from Sparkes, and Rafferty earlier this season,  that what we need from our wide strikers ( I think Lane is the only one amongst them that you could call a winger) is a goal threat.  From what I've seen only Scully really offers that and that's based more on his games for previous clubs. We need Scully back and fit, and we need to fix whatever is wrong with Whyte.  Lane & Kamara will score 4 or 5 a season, we need players in those positions who might get 9 or 10.
Like Curtis did (he averaged about 12). Lane yesterday just couldn't cross, he totally overhit 3 and could only find the defender's foot when he reached the byline when it was just as easy to pick out Bish's foot. Bish's face really told a story there. He's still young and has done well in other games but could do with some competition.
I thought yesterday, a very talented player but will he ever be fit enough for long enough to show at his very best.
Personally I think we are a worse team when he starts.
Just to add, I don't see where Yengi fits in the team either, not with one up front.
Out for 6-8 weeks with his hamstring, Ogilvie similar timeframe ankle injury. Poole going for a scan tomorrow on his slightly swollen knee
I do wish they would re consider Curtis, even on a pay per game deal.
Scully did look like he had something
Hard to judge Kamara playing on the wrong side for him.
Then again, Dale was a complete frustration on two legs but was still up with most wingers for assists in this league last season. I don't think they are coached to be wingers anymore, so they all cut inside and are coached to do so.
(07-11-2023, 06:17 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Out for 6-8 weeks with his hamstring, Ogilvie similar timeframe ankle injury. Poole going for a scan tomorrow on his slightly swollen knee

Poole was at the training ground today with protective full length leg boot on   Sad

Scully was working out on weight machines in the gym.
Pages: 1 2