TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sparks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to him last night.... Apart from set pieces, I can't remember him crossing the ball into the box. His left foot has been a real threat in the last few games. I would go as far to say his delivery is probably the best in the team.

Defensively not as good as our other fullbacks..... But with a team like we have it's better to have a more attacking threat, and someone who can mix up the type of threat we pose.

Let hope next game we get the delivery treat back into his game.
set
(25-10-2023, 05:43 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to him last night.... Apart from set pieces, I can't remember him crossing the ball into the box. His left foot has been a real threat in the last few games. I would go as far to say his delivery is probably the best in the team.

Defensively not as good as our other fullbacks..... But with a team like we have it's better to have a more attacking threat, and someone who can mix up the type of threat we pose.

Let hope next game we get the delivery treat back into his game.
set

The reason Ogilvie was picked ahead of him last night was that they had a threat down the right wing. I suspect Sparkes was told his job was primarily to nullify that threat (and JM praised him for doing so afterwards) which meant he did not get forward as much as usual.  Swanson, on the other hand, was virtually a right winger as soon as we got the ball.
He was on a shorter leash last night. Kamara was the one posing all the attacking threat down the left and had a much better game than he did on Saturday, though still has a tendency to try the difficult when there are simpler options available to him. He has gangly legs and seemingly poor balance.Would beat his man then stumble around and often lose the ball.
What Sparks has been doing well is delivering the ball early, before the opposition has had a chance to get everyone be hide the ball.

Bishop wants to be coming onto the ball.

Kamara crossed only one ball all night that I can remember... And that was from the by line from a over hit Morrell pass.

And the other cross come shot one!.