TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 433?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
433 with Bish and Lane up front, looks like a good idea.
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...-the-week/
Any 2 or 3 up front but never just 1 thank you.
I see Button got goalie of the week
(30-10-2023, 09:37 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]433 with Bish and Lane up front, looks like a good idea.
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...-the-week/

There is virtually no difference between the 4231 we have been playing  with Lane & Kamara playing wide and what 433 would be like with Lane & Kamara playing wide.

Personally I prefer 4231 as a formation because it is essentially 4 up front.
Reckon with us now six points clear, and unbeaten in 25, playing four up front would scare the bejasus out of most teams.
However, If JM wants to play Robertson alongside Morrell then I think Devlin should in at number 10, he’s always had an eye for goal and I believe would score more than Saydee and Kamara( although I agree they’re different styles of players), if not Devlin then Yengi .
Whatever Mousinho says, full confidence in this manager
(30-10-2023, 12:36 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]However, If JM wants to play Robertson alongside Morrell then I think Devlin should in at number 10, he’s always had an eye for goal and I believe would score more than Saydee and Kamara( although I agree they’re different styles of players), if not Devlin then Yengi .

Apart from Bishop, the front players are not the finished article, but Mousinho has plenty to rotate around.

Deebo

I’m a massive fan of the Ozzie Ardiles post 1950s model of five up front.
I too yearn for the days of outside right, inside right, centre forward, inside left and outside left! Smile If we played 3-2-5 I think we have the players to fit that formation!
Good old WM, or 343.
(30-10-2023, 04:16 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]I too yearn for the days of outside right, inside right, centre forward, inside left and outside left! Smile If we played 3-2-5 I think we have the players to fit that formation!

Yes sadly, the days of the ALL-OUT attack have gone. 
That was in the days of Jimmy Greaves Et Al
Happy days!!! Still… I am also thoroughly enjoying the current Pompey outfit!
Not sure we have any reason to change a great deal right now?
JM has forgotten more than most of us know.
But I do like his use of the 'elbow' tactic in Pompey's formation.
Anyone not knowing it should watch our winning goal at Reading.
You keep one full back back to defend and when in position play to yhe opposite side of the park. (Robertson's ball to Sparkes, who has as a LB pushed up the park on the opposite side). It's an overload and his cross to the far post is met by the striker yo nod back for an incoming 8 or 10 normally. Devlin timed and finished a brilliant move!
(30-10-2023, 12:36 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Reckon with us now six points clear, and unbeaten in 25, playing four up front would scare the bejasus out of most teams.

Not being Mr Picky again but it's 26 unbeaten
Happy to be corrected. 26.
Think it's a good idea to have a plan B...
When we're clearly in charge but failing to breakdown teams.
Avoiding being too predictable also.
When we're clearly winning and want to please the fans even more.

Our team at the moment looks like a very good squad capable of adapting to a few good line-ups, and been at its best when attacking from wide. Thinking about it, maybe 3-5-2 or just a plain old 4-4-2.
This team looks very good attacking from wide playing (mostly) 4231 and is 6 points clesr at the top of the table.  Why would anyone want to change that ?