TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The evening news.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a shit paper!!
It loves knocking people when others justify claims and it loves telling us how 'they' knew when things were going well.

Kamara!!

The boy has worked his socks off and played 'his' part but we have 'all' seen him needing a rest just recently.
All if a sudden the 'news' spells out how JM thinks it'd unfair if fans to knock him.

We have not knocked him at all. We have all seen he needs a rest. JM felt he had to defend him in the news. He has done tremendously well, and no doubt will continue to do so.

But he has look jaded and is a young lad. Why would the news look to highlight what many fans say in a way that is negative?

JM continues to do his job and we must trust him, he has led us this far immaculately really.
Kamara DOES need a game out and JM took him out of the firing line but it just seems that the news would like to make more of it.
It's BS reporting. We all can see he needs a rest, and JM does as well, so why make a story out of it, the lad is young and being protected. Actually for me, from the news would be more apt.
He'll come good again after a rest I'm sure
There have been a fair few online who have slated him from first appearance to last.
I know because I've frequently argued his corner with them!
There are some proper weirdos on the News comment section. It takes a special determined sort to post there given the adverts, and yet they persist. They'll want Mous sacked and Eisner out the moment we lose our first game of the season
I've not bought the news for some time now (used to have it delivered ), they make far too many spelling mistakes etc, and are well overpriced .
I just look at the back about  Pompey when shopping in Tesco Big Grin
(30-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]What a shit paper!!
It loves knocking people when others justify claims and it loves telling us how 'they' knew when things were going well.

Kamara!!

The boy has worked his socks off and played 'his' part but we have 'all' seen him needing a rest just recently.
All if a sudden the 'news' spells out how JM thinks it'd unfair if fans to knock him.

We have not knocked him at all. We have all seen he needs a rest. JM felt he had to defend him in the news. He has done tremendously well, and no doubt will continue to do so.

But he has look jaded and is a young lad. Why would the news look to highlight what many fans say in a way that is negative?

JM continues to do his job and we must trust him, he has led us this far immaculately really.
Kamara DOES need a game out and JM took him out of the firing line but it just seems that the news would like to make more of it.
It's BS reporting. We all can see he needs a rest, and JM does as well, so why make a story out of it, the lad is young and being protected. Actually for me, from the news would be more apt.

Surely JM is defending him against the criticism he has been receiving on the pitch from the fans, not the News reporting what some people think of him.  

The quality of the News is indeed appalling these days, but on this occasion all they have done is reported what people have been saying and reported what JM has said. They haven't made anything up and on this occasion they have probably reported accurately what has been said.
(31-10-2023, 08:28 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]What a shit paper!!

Kamara!!

Surely JM is defending him against the criticism he has been receiving on the pitch from the fans, not the News reporting what some people think of him.  

The quality of the News is indeed appalling these days, but on this occasion all they have done is reported what people have been saying and reported what JM has said. They haven't made anything up and on this occasion they have probably reported accurately what has been said.

Apparently it's a 'blow' that Charlton have sold their allocation.  Jesus.

At least they've stopped using the word 'starlet' for a couple of days.
It is a shit paper but where else are we going to find out "the 16 places to have a curry in the Portsmouth area" or when the John lewis christmas advert is predicted to land
I also no longer buy the NEWS these days, and I totally agree with Deep the content DOES suggest that they trawl forums like these for topical discussion.

Very lazy and very sad.
It is and always has been a shit rag.
I would excuse Mike Neasom from that if anyone else can remember that far back!
Neil Allen is just about one of the best local newspaper sports reporters out there and deserves to be mentioned in the company of Symes and Neasom. No problems with him.

It's the shit around him that's the problem.

He'll be there until it goes bust, which lets be honest, is imminent.
It went bust a few years ago, with the title and the bare bones being bought by JPIMedia. It'll probably end up as a 'bot written website and Facebook page. It could be mistaken for one now.
That was a pre pack admin. JP bought themselves
(31-10-2023, 12:34 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Neil Allen is just about one of the best local newspaper sports reporters out there and deserves to be mentioned in the company of Symes and Neasom. No problems with him.

It's the shit around him that's the problem.

He'll be there until it goes bust, which lets be honest, is imminent.

Well said, Slayer. Allen exempt from above criticism and well on his way to emulating the other two legends mentioned one of whom I sometimes used to travel to away matches with in his dodgy Vauxhall Viva.......and then have to fumigate my clothes after being bathed in smoke for hours from his wretched cigars.
Trouble is that if the News and Radio Solent stop, there will be virtually zero Pompey coverage to be read or listened to.
As above, Neil Allen is a very good writer, and Jordan Cross is also decent enough.

The likes of Will Rooney and Pepe Lacey were embarrassing though....and now Mark McMahon (EFL editor?!) has replaced them providing news such as how our player contracts appear on Football Manager, and how Pompey fare in 2025 on the same game.
Article about Matt Ritchie today which says he'd love to play for Pompey again. It also says he played very well against Man U last night. What has happened to them by the way, lost for about ten years now.
Their yanks aren’t as good as ours is the main reason.
Their yanks have been bleeding it dry.
Nice report about the Northampton game being rescheduled for 2nd December.

Thanks to Mark McMahon for enlightening me that Northampton are known as The scummers.
I thought they were known as the Cobblers.
They are !!
(06-11-2023, 04:49 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]They are !!

n0bhead thinks we're playing the rugby team up there.
Just noticed the autocorrect of the nickname McMahon gave them!
Shows I've never typed that word before....and unlikely to again!