TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Norris
Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Robertson
Lane, Devlin, Anjorin
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Whyte, Yengi, Swanson, Saydee, Kamara, Stevenson
(05-11-2023, 11:16 AM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Norris
Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Robertson
Lane, Devlin, Anjorin
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Whyte, Yengi, Swanson, Saydee, Kamara, Stevenson

Nice to see the cup being taken seriously with an unchanged team. 

Didn't know 9 subs were allowed in the cup ... how long has that been the case ?
Full strength. No fannying about.
Woof. Not a hint of taking them lightly here. And perhaps rightly so given they are on a very good run and will be attacking this like a cup final.
Very pleased that we are taking the FA Cup seriously. A totally different kettle of fish to the mid week cups. Should make for a good game.
Wow, didn’t see that one coming. Who needs Mourinho?
Besides if we are comfortably ahead at the hour mark (it's Pompey so never gonna happen) we can take off Bishop and Sparkes.
Norris 5 raffs/ Swanson 4 raggett 6 Shocknessy 6 Morrell 6 Robertson 7 anjorin 5 devlin 4 bishop 4 lane 5 Whyte 3 Kamara 3 yengi 4 is that everyone?
Sparkes 6. Surprised he was taken off actually. Not sure what we gained by it?
(05-11-2023, 02:24 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Sparkes 6. Surprised he was taken off actually. Not sure what we gained by it?

I'm guessing he was taken off to make sure he didn't pick up an injury. Kamara at left wing back makes no sense otherwise.
Yes. Hadn’t thought of that!!
(05-11-2023, 02:23 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Norris 5 raffs/ Swanson 4 raggett 6 Shocknessy 6 Morrell 6 Robertson 7 anjorin 5 devlin 4 bishop 4 lane 5 Whyte 3 Kamara 3 yengi 4 is that everyone?

Comfortably our worst performance of the season so far. None of them looked interested, whilst all of the Chesterfield lot were bang up for it. Basically, stop us crossing the ball and we are fecked. Surprised other teams haven't noticed that.

It's not the end of the world. Shame we blew a chance to show people just how well we can play, but we don't have a replay and Mousinho can right the wrong in the league, where it really matters.

Have to say that Swanson looks a shadow of the player we had last season, which is a bit worrying. Hope Poole isn't seriously injured because that seemed to feck the whole team up.

PS: Matterface is a total $&%".
Ha yes!! Re Swanson.. certainly has gone backwards. Possibly combination of family matters plus not getting regular game time?
Don't agree about Swanson. He's done well in the few opportunities he's had this season and didn't do much wrong today (unlike Rafferty who was very poor).

Deebo

This is why I never watch daytime tv. It always serves up junk.
With the players we had, it seemed obvious to switch to 352.
Apart from the goals at the start of the season we don't seem to know what to do with Yengi when he comes on, not sure that two out and out goalscorers are going to work for more than a few minutes.
Looked a very unbalanced team by the end.
If Sparkes gets injured we still have Hume and Vincent who although forgotten are on our books and being paid a wage for not playing.
I had forgotten Vincent existed. What a waste of a career for him so far. Of course, he may be rubbish which is why he never plays!! Hume might not be all that good either, but has he ever really been trusted with a decent run in the team? Not sure about the latter as it’s so long since we saw him.
If you're good enough you're old enough. He is another Louis Dennis, another Nick Kamamba. It isn't going to happen for him here.
I think that’s probably true. Kabamba has done ok since leaving and finding his level.
(06-11-2023, 01:51 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]I had forgotten Vincent existed. What a waste of a career for him so far. Of course, he may be rubbish which is why he never plays!!

Actually, Vincent has always impressed whenever I've seen him.
(06-11-2023, 02:05 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2023, 01:51 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]I had forgotten Vincent existed. What a waste of a career for him so far. Of course, he may be rubbish which is why he never plays!!

Actually, Vincent has always impressed whenever I've seen him.

Me too. Reminds me of Matt Taylor.
Must admit, every time Ive watched Vincent he's played well and puts a shift in. Can't understand why he's constantly loaned out
Can't get in the Worthing team at the moment.