TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fcuking Disgusting Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Completely outfought all over the pitch, devoid of any idea going forward.
Apart from Morrell , they didn’t look remotely interested.
The only good news is that it wasn’t a league game.
Agree although I thought Robertson gave it a go as well.
(05-11-2023, 02:29 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Completely outfought all over the pitch, devoid of any idea going forward.
Apart from Morrell , they didn’t look remotely interested.
The only good news is that it wasn’t a league game.

Robertson and Morrell did ok although the latter did start to concentrate on throwing himself on the floor a bit. I just thought defensively Chesterfield looked up for it and we had no answer to it. Lane had an off day and the guy that usually saves the day (Sparkes) when we're playing poorly got taken off so that was that.

And I got a nice reminder why I hate watching live football on ITV.
Robertson was just as bad as the rest today apart from White who is completely fcuking useless.
Get over it. The league is all that counts.
I'm only concerned with the injuries.
Looks like Anjorin did his hamstring so will be out for weeks, maybe longer.
If Poole has done his knee that could be him gone for the rest of the season. But he had just an ice-pack on it at half-time so let's hope it's nothing ligamental.
We pick ourselves up against Charlton and move on.
Total lack of intensity is a concern
Are we sure this is the Whyte that played at a higher level ( international??) and not some imposter? However, quite right.. move on, beat Charlton and today won’t matter.
(05-11-2023, 02:45 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Get over it. The league is all that counts.
If Poole has done his knee that could be him gone for the rest of the season. But he had just an ice-pack on it at half-time so let's hope it's nothing ligamental.

Is "ligamental" a word? It should be if it isn't....
Mous reckons twisted knee for Poole which sounds not too scary.
Somehow sounds like an insult. ‘You are such a ligamental’
(05-11-2023, 02:45 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Get over it. The league is all that counts.
Pride counts. Putting in a worthy performance for the 1600 poor fookers who got up a 5am this morning to make the trip also counts.
Whyte is not very good . I said so at the beginning of the season when we got him. I had a sort of argument with someone ( PG100? and others) who said he was a great signing, unfortunately he’s anything but. I’d be surprised if he gets in the NI squad.
If we’re honest, we’ve been playing below par for a few games with spells that have seen us do enough to win/draw (last week we needed an extra long spell). In some ways today was not so surprising. Just the manner of it was pretty disappointing.
Sparks is the key to our success so far this season. Without his balls into the box we create very little else.
I thought Lee Dixon summed us up perfectly, no pace and no support for Bishop. We desperately need Pack back in front of the back 4.

Late news in, the police apparently are investigating Gavin Whyte for impersonating a footballer.
(05-11-2023, 02:56 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Is "ligamental" a word? It should be if it isn't....

Must admit, I wasn't sure. But it sounded right.
From Wiktionary.....
Adjective[edit]
ligamental (comparative more ligamentalsuperlative most ligamental)
  1. Of, pertaining to, or resembling a ligament
"for the 1600 poor fookers who got up a 5am this morning to make the trip also counts".

Some of us came up yesterday and stayed overnight.

Chesterfield were up for it, we weren't. More concerned about the injuries, although I wouldn't have minded Orient at home in round two.
We can play Northampton away now on Rd 2 day... good idea or not?
(05-11-2023, 03:13 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]If we’re honest, we’ve been playing below par for a few games with spells that have seen us do enough to win/draw (last week we needed an extra long spell). In some ways today was not so surprising. Just the manner of it was pretty disappointing.

Yes, it's been coming. No injury-time reprieve here.
A wake up call is probably just what we needed.
(05-11-2023, 03:29 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Lee Dixon summed us up perfectly, no pace and no support for Bishop. We desperately need Pack back in front of the back 4.

Late news in, the police apparently are investigating Gavin Whyte for impersonating a footballer.

Shows how much we need decent cover for Bishop. Otherwise when he's not there, like today, we have very little up front.
Was that worse than getting dumped out by Aldershot? At least we took the 'shots to a replay.
Personally thought Lane did okay until he was switched to the left when he was diabolical. Overall we were out-fought and out-thought today. Chesterfield's experienced players taught some of youngsters some lessons today. Really missed Pack in this one. Hope he is back soon.
Agree on Lane, H.
(05-11-2023, 04:16 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Personally thought Lane did okay until he was switched to the left when he was diabolical. Overall we were out-fought and out-thought today. Chesterfield's experienced players taught some of youngsters some lessons today. Really missed Pack in this one. Hope he is back soon.

We are a remarkably inexperienced and young team actually, especially front half of the team. I'd trade Anjorin for a more experienced type to bolster the midfeld against teams with nous.
Begs the question (hindsight and all that) whether Stevenson should have played alongside Morrell. That is his role after all?
Pages: 1 2