TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Liam Manning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is he off then?
He's gone. Signed Mon for Bristol City
Very disappointing for Oxford fans and we know how they feel, after Judas left us in the lurch.

How will the players respond? Will they collapse or pull together?
Luton didn’t implode when they lost a manager mid season in L1.
A good set up there. Got a good squad and a go ahead board.
Currently 2nd in the league, what's not yo like about the job?!

Well, they play Liam Manning's tippy tippy styled football and were sold the 'dream' by Manning! Now they see him show no integrity or loyalty and wonder if they should be the same.
How do oxford find another young manager who plays that football style? I mean who actually does play that style?
Oxford must be careful and hope they get it right because everything that's good about them walked out the door Monday without a care in the world.
Bolton could be the one to watch now with their top form continuing last night in a 0-2 victory. So two on our tails now. Just need to focus on putting things right on the pitch which we did in the Bristol Street Motors last night.
(08-11-2023, 08:36 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]A good set up there. Got a good squad and a go ahead board.
Currently 2nd in the league, what's not yo like about the job?!

Well, they play Liam Manning's tippy tippy styled football and were sold the 'dream' by Manning! Now they see him show no integrity or loyalty and wonder if they should be the same.
How do oxford find another young manager who plays that football style? I mean who actually does play that style?
Oxford must be careful and hope they get it right because everything that's good about them walked out the door Monday without a care in the world.

Could easily have happened to us with Mousinho. We just don't know how loyal Mousinho would be until it happens.

Manning will need a bit of luck in the Championship. Not a good track record recently of up and coming L1 managers getting too much time in the higher league. Even Ainsworth didn't last too long and he has good experience in L1. He'd have been better off trying to get Oxford promoted and jumping to another club from there.

Mind you, I haven't been offered a pretty hefty wage increase (and potential 3 year severance pay should he fail).
Ideal job for the Cowleys
That's callous by Manning. He was on the scrap heap, Oxford have sorted him out. I would be livid.
(08-11-2023, 08:36 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]How do oxford find another young manager who plays that football style? I mean who actually does play that style?

I can think of a pair of brothers who would be pwoud and pwivledged to do it and would sign lots of players on loan who are hungry for the opportunity and are wonderful timers and arrivers
(08-11-2023, 08:12 AM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Luton didn’t implode when they lost a manager mid season in L1.

Well run clubs like Brentford, Brighton and Luton have systems in place to ensure that the departure of a successful manager doesn't cause too much disruption- look how many good managers Brighton have replaced. I think this is what Pompey are aiming for.
I’m rooting for Nathan Jones or Cotterill
(08-11-2023, 11:04 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2023, 08:36 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]How do oxford find another young manager who plays that football style? I mean who actually does play that style?

I can think of a pair of brothers who would be pwoud and pwivledged to do it and would sign lots of players on loan who are hungry for the opportunity and are wonderful timers and arrivers

They are 6/1 atm
Williams from Notts County.
Their problem was the style of football that they play. They need a coach who will carry this on and in Williams, they have one.
County have been playing a great style and the switch to Oxford wouldn't be seamless but certainly close.
Also Rodriguez would be very happy with that and they may well get mote out of him
(16-11-2023, 01:55 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Williams from Notts County.
Their problem was the style of football that they play. They need a coach who will carry this on and in Williams, they have one.
County have been playing a great style and the switch to Oxford wouldn't be seamless but certainly close.
Also Rodriguez would be very happy with that and they may well get mote out of him

Not going to be Williams, no contact from Oxford he stated yesterday.