TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: January transfer window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I’d post a football thread to forget the war/ protest/ immigration/ Covid aftermath drudgery in other posts and the press.

Realistically, who would you like to see here either on loan or as a permanent transfer in January and how many players if any?

Personally I think we need a wide left/ winger style player and was thinking of Matt Ritchie on loan. He’s a local lad that would give us bags of experience in the dressing room and leadership on the pitch. He can certainly cross a ball and would most definitely be up for promotion with his boyhood club. It may even persuade him to join us next season - if JM wants him of course. Other than a wide left player , I think that’s the only area that needs strengthening until the summer.
Ben Thompson
Lol Smile
A chance to bin Anjorin and possibly Camera (if he doesn’t start performing consistently).

I’m with Tag on the left winger, as cover for Sparkes.
I’m sure Richard Hughes has it sorted. He’s done well so far anyway
I’m sure he has and I’m sure they have people earmarked, however, this post was just for a bit of speculative ’fun’.
I'd like to see an upgrade on the goalkeeper
I don’t think that will happen until the summer although I am worried if we have to rely on Schofield.
(09-11-2023, 04:58 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think that will happen until the summer although I am worried if we have to rely on Schofield.

Didn’t Peterborough sign an emergency keeper a few seasons ago? Seem to remember he was better than their injured keeper.
Schofield really worries me, his specialty seems to be to push shots right back in front of him to where any striker who has watched video will be waiting to tuck it away.
Kamara I think is well worth persevering with.
Anjorin is talented but a sick note and also I think the team is less good when he plays.
I'd rather sort out the deep midfield so Robinson can always play forward a bit.
I also think Scully had something about him and once fit will add to the team, also taking the pressure off Kamara.
Whyte? Who knows sadly.
Well done Hammie. You got there with Kamara. Not sure who Robinson is though.
(09-11-2023, 05:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Schofield really worries me, his specialty seems to be to push shots right back in front of him to where any striker who has watched video will be waiting to tuck it away.
Kamara I think is well worth persevering with.
Anjorin is talented but a sick note and also I think the team is less good when he plays.
I'd rather sort out the deep midfield so Robinson can always play forward a bit.
I also think Scully had something about him and once fit will add to the team, also taking the pressure off Kamara.
Whyte? Who knows sadly.
Thought he was excellent on tuesday myself.
(09-11-2023, 05:32 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Well done Hammie. You got there with Kamara. Not sure who Robinson is though.

Robertson, I guess.
Pack is fit for Charlton and I guess Towler will come in for Poole/Raggers.
(09-11-2023, 08:25 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2023, 05:32 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Well done Hammie. You got there with Kamara. Not sure who Robinson is though.

Robertson, I guess.
Pack is fit for Charlton and I guess Towler will come in for Poole/Raggers.

Raggett will play assuming Poole is not fit.  Sendings off in the Mickey Mouse cup only count in that tournament.
Want to loan out Scofield and bring someone in who is going to really push Norris. He cost us today.
Spelling I guess?
Shame we did not make the  most of his goal today
2004 and 2023
Beat the hoodoo with a Camara and Kamara goal at each end!

Sansom is my next one, a good name for a full back you know!
Stop pulling our plonkers Hammieeeee
Need a centre back to replace Poole, a goalkeeper and someone to replace Bishop if and when he is unavailable.
Matt Clarke (loan)
Joe redmond centre back from Ireland
Dan Kemp Lots of goal involvements in league 2

Desperate for some pace down the wings as well.

I hope we have a big window and I’d imagine the owners won’t have a repeat of January 2019.

Can see tino going back
Why can't we just play it through the middle? We have everything we need for that
(12-11-2023, 06:59 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Clarke (loan)
Joe redmond centre back from Ireland
Dan Kemp Lots of goal involvements in league 2

Desperate for some pace down the wings as well.

I hope we have a big window and I’d imagine the owners won’t have a repeat of January 2019.

Can see tino going back

It would in many ways be nice to see Matt Clarke back, but as a left-footer he would surely not be a totally suitable direct replacement for Poole, would he? And he's barely played for a year, I think.  But now he's back on Middlesbrough's bench, I'd guess he may well be at least challenging for a starting place soon.  I think we'll probably have to look elsewhere.
It's a big window for the club. We will know come February the 1st whether we will be top 2 or in the playoffs.

The club recruited quite well in the summer, and it's very unfortunate to lose one of our best players in Poole, you can't blame the club for that. But thats football and we have to get on with it and adapt to the situation.

We need to replace Raggett as we cannot get promotion with him in the side. Our results wll suffer with him in the team but we have to make do until January. He has some qualities and is not a terrible player but is not near the standard required for a promotion winning team.  

We also need a quality back up to Bishop.

So in January we definitely need 1 or 2 quality centre backs, close to the standard of Poole, or certainly much better than raggett, and also an able deputy to Bishop.
I think it’s very unfair to say we won’t get promoted with Raggett. He never gives less than 100% and has earned us more points then he’s cost us. I agree he’s not great with ball at his feet but as a Div3 stopper he’s more than good enough. That said we need to replace Poole and we also need a left winger/ wide player especially more so if Martin doesn’t do the biz to earn a longer deal.
(19-11-2023, 12:56 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's a big window for the club. We will know come February the 1st whether we will be top 2 or in the playoffs.

The club recruited quite well in the summer, and it's very unfortunate to lose one of our best players in Poole, you can't blame the club for that. But thats football and we have to get on with it and adapt to the situation.

We need to replace Raggett as we cannot get promotion with him in the side. Our results wll suffer with him in the team but we have to make do until January. He has some qualities and is not a terrible player but is not near the standard required for a promotion winning team.  

We also need a quality back up to Bishop.

So in January we definitely need 1 or 2 quality centre backs, close to the standard of Poole, or certainly much better than raggett, and also an able deputy to Bishop.

Some people (not saying Titchfield specifically) have been on at raggett since day one. The fact is he's since made 200 odd appearances and I'd say the good performances far outweigh the clangers (which all defenders get anyway). Others would squinny when getting dropped but he kept his head down and deserves his place. If we do plummet it won't be down to losing one player.
Raggett certainly has a few qualities and is an ok stand in player but I think he will cost us a fair few points if he starts every game. I think he will always give his all for the team and is the type of person you want in the squad. He seems the type to get his head down and get in with it so he deserves some respect.

However Regan was composed, good on the ball and gave everyone around him confidence. Everything Raggett doesn't do.

With Raggett in the team, I think against most teams will score 1 if not 2 goals games against us now, so it will be harder for is to win games. We will keep fewer clean sheets certainly.

I think we'd have beaten Charlton with Regan in the team and his injury will cost us 10 plus points come the end of the season, unless we adequately replace him.  

Unless we replace Regan with real quality, believe we will finish in the playoffs which would be a dissapointment.

We can't use Raggett as a scapegoat, that's not fair, but you can't expect to play inferior players and be as successful. At the moment though we have no choice.
Pages: 1 2